PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 11:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffUrRcker
Does receiving work for all of you getting send errors? . . . Receiving works fine.
Crazy enough, my niece has US Cellular & sent me a MMS pic. It was delivered via the Palm App!!!! There's a little picturemail icon in the thread next to her message. When I open it, it shows the picture. I tried replying, & got the same message everyone else is getting. It failed.

Now, my wife has Verizon, as I do. When she sends me an MMS, it comes thru the ArcSoft app.

Go figure!?!?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
what service are you on?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

phoenx06 is keeping up the good workphoenx06 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamon17
Quote:
Does receiving work for all of you getting send errors? . . . Receiving works fine.
Crazy enough, my niece has US Cellular & sent me a MMS pic. It was delivered via the Palm App!!!! There's a little picturemail icon in the thread next to her message. When I open it, it shows the picture. I tried replying, & got the same message everyone else is getting. It failed.

Now, my wife has Verizon, as I do. When she sends me an MMS, it comes thru the ArcSoft app.

Go figure!?!?
Verizon
Make sure you give props to all those who keep this site running, as well as those who provide all those ever-so-useful ROMs and applications. If someone helps you out, or answers a question of yours, be sure to click the "Thanks" button.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
doh, dont know how i missed that.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Threadstarter

OffUrRcker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OffUrRcker
Aamon, that might have been a matter of which app was open in the background at the time. I've found by sending myself a lot of picture messages that, if you have not changed HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Inbox/Svc/MMS (Or MMS1) to HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Inbox/Svc/MMS.old (Or MMS1.old) the Arcsoft app tends to receive them by default. When I installed the app via cab, and fixed my registry to MMS.old, all messages came through the palm app, I no longer had an MMS portion of POutlook, in fact. However, I now have it installed via OEM, and it seems that even editing MMS.old does not make Arcsoft's client go away. However, what I will be doing now that I am building a new ROM is not including any sort of Arcsoft client, and seeing what I can see.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17
Quote:
... I no longer had an MMS portion of POutlook, in fact. ...
How do you send MMS messages if the MMS portion is gone & the Palm app isn't sending?
---- Former Verizon XV6700
Old 08-03-2007, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Threadstarter

OffUrRcker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OffUrRcker
Exactly.

I hate the arcsoft client. I hate having to click "To:" and scrolling through my contacts, it's slow, ugly, No softkey support, and every version I've used had some problem, whether it be file format not supported errors for videos, not allowing me to receive videos period, or what was most perplexing - breaking video up in to a series of jpgs.
So, right now, while I have receive capability, I can not send pictures. I do not want to install any Arcsoft Client, as a matter of principle, and also because I do not want it fighting the palm app for received messages.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
subscribe I am going to try and get it working on the .4 ROm as soon as it comes out
Old 10-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

infrared is a n00b
UAProf's explained

Everyone,
UAProf stands for User Agent Profile. User agents are network connected devices. The reason they are in existance is to tell servers how to format data for a particular UA. For example, phone x has a monochrome screen and no polyphonic sound. Its UA would tell the server that and the server can format the data appropriate for its capabilities. The apache has a UAProf and it is not the generic one. If any of you know what the UAProf contains please let me know. There is a database that contains almost all UA's and Their Profiles but you have to be a memeber and you have to pay to use it....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache