PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 03:27 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple flashing guide w/Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by oculuss View Post
I had that done with 30038.prl (i hope thats the correct one) and when *228 is dialed i get "cannot complete your call as dialed" and when 1800alltel1 is dialed i get "welcome to the american roaming network...so on and so forth).
Where did you get your PRL from?

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

oculuss is a n00b

http://corolada.com/prl/alltel/30034.prl. this one. sorry its 30034
Old 04-30-2009, 04:22 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Yeah that one will work. Get that ESN added then do a *228.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Lurker

oculuss is a n00b

ok so i re-did everything so i can give you the steps i took. downloaded the v2.02 apache rom in your sig. put radio_.nbf and ms_.nbf from the bell rom available for download on this forum into the v2.02 folder. ran the ruu and let it do its thing. reset the phone and it boots properly. dial *228 and get that alltel cannot complete my call as dialed. According to the alltel tech the esn is in their database. OH! and the 1800alltel1 number still gives me the roaming message. EDIT: yes the ESN is definately there because my old phone no longer works lol. would it be ok to activate it? would the 6700 esn stay in there database so i can try an activate it at a later date?EDIT2: I redid it with the plain v2.02 rom. i put the alltel prl back on. If the phone is in network only mode, verizon answers and wants me to register my phone. when roaming only is selected (all this is under roaming settings) alltel answers. i thought this was odd and might give a clue

Last edited by oculuss; 04-30-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:05 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oculuss View Post
ok so i re-did everything so i can give you the steps i took. downloaded the v2.02 apache rom in your sig. put radio_.nbf and ms_.nbf from the bell rom available for download on this forum into the v2.02 folder. ran the ruu and let it do its thing. reset the phone and it boots properly. dial *228 and get that alltel cannot complete my call as dialed. According to the alltel tech the esn is in their database. OH! and the 1800alltel1 number still gives me the roaming message. EDIT: yes the ESN is definately there because my old phone no longer works lol. would it be ok to activate it? would the 6700 esn stay in there database so i can try an activate it at a later date?EDIT2: I redid it with the plain v2.02 rom. i put the alltel prl back on. If the phone is in network only mode, verizon answers and wants me to register my phone. when roaming only is selected (all this is under roaming settings) alltel answers. i thought this was odd and might give a clue
The ESN will stay in their database yeah. What method of PRL updating are you using?
Old 05-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Lurker

oculuss is a n00b

i dial ##775, type in 6 zeros, edit, point it to that file, hit ok, then the phone reboots. I tried another ROM and the same thing happens. It goes to verizon when *228 is dialed. so this leads me to believe the prl isnt catching for some reason? i don't even know if thats possible. Ill leave that to you, the expert.

Last edited by oculuss; 05-01-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:15 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Yeah that's the way. And yes, it sounds like the PRL is not functioning right. Try this one, http://corolada.com/prl/alltel/30029.prl. See, newer is not always better. When I flash Cricket phones I have to try a few PRLs to get the right one. Also, I don't know what the "Special device" ones are, but maybe try one of those should the EvDo ones not work...
Old 05-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Lurker

oculuss is a n00b

OK! So, i think i figured out the issue. when i go into phone(settings) it says the phone number of the phone is that of the previous phone owner. I tried changing the voice mail nnumber to the desired number but that didnt change the phone's phone number. I'm kind of surprised this doesn't go away when it is flashed. any ideas on how to change it? Oh and i changed to that prl you posted P.S. the old phone number is a verizon, which is why i think this is happening.

Last edited by oculuss; 05-01-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

Mike6700 is a n00b

Wow. This was amazingly simple. I now have 6.1 on my phone and it appears that everything is working...except....my camera.

The button on the side does not automatically start the camera. Although I do not use it a lot, I would not mind having it back.

Oh yeah...the upgrade fixed two problems. The phone was running really slow (it is faster now) and I lost the Internet connection a couple of weeks ago (it is working now). I was not surprised on the phone being faster, but I was surprised the Internet connection was working again.

If anyone has advice on the camera problem, I'm open to all advice.

EDIT: I figured it out! I went into - Start - Settings - Buttons and I had to assign the button to the camera. For some reason, it was unassigned. Everything seems to be working now!

Thanks
Mike

Last edited by Mike6700; 05-04-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:27 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Enjoy the ROM Mike.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache