PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2006, 05:01 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
CAB file to do common hacks and increase system performance.

Ok so after running the thread on common hacks, I decided to throw together a couple .cabs to implment only the most common and needed. The .cabs will improve overall system performance and speed up ur apache decently. Below is a list of changes made by the .cabs. Enjoy, I know I will. Any comments welcomed and suggestions for more hacks.... Also if you do not like what these .cabs do to your PPC, simply uninstall and everything is back to default.
~mike

UPDATE: 10/3/06 Added version without storage card hack because of reported issues that it causes skipping of WMP when playing media from the storage card.

Install Instructions
Simply download the .zip and extract the .cab, excute it, soft reset (have to do this for the changes to take place), and your done.

PPCGeeks.com ApacheHax

ApacheHaxSC
1. Increase Ringer Volume.
2. Increase Font Cache Size.
3. Disable the end button from going into flight mode.
4. Increase the FPS on video. (only MP4 format)
5. Increase Storage Card Block Transfer.
6. Both system try icons removed.
7. GPS Settings enabled.
8. Disable Menu Amination (really improves speed)

ApacheHax
Same as above minus the storage card block transfer.

PPCGeeks.com ApacheHaxVC (MS Voice Command)
Note: this ones for only MS Voice Command users.

ApacheHaxVCSC

1. Same as above.
2. Increase Voice Command Attenuation.
3. Activate Voice Command via bluetooth headset.

ApacheHaxVC
Same as above minus the storage card block transfer hack.
Attached Files
File Type: zip apachehaxvcsc_167.zip (1.3 KB, 720 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip apachehaxsc_183.zip (1.2 KB, 979 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip apachehaxvc_125.zip (1.2 KB, 421 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip apachehax_123.zip (1.1 KB, 714 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Lurker

jeffdiogenes is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice work man.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
Thanks for your hard work. I know I'll enjoy it as much as you do. Would you think it would be best to install these cab files after a hard reset and removing those unwanted stock programs? I don't know if it will make the ppc perform any better to install after the hard reset. Just a thought.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
yea it will increase performace no matter when u install before or after a hard reset. I tested it both ways and trust me my ppc is alot perkier.
~mike
Old 09-22-2006, 09:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
yea it will increase performace no matter when u install before or after a hard reset. I tested it both ways and trust me my ppc is alot perkier.
~mike

Woohooo!!! Will install these as soon as I get home from work.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

sorry for being rude...thanks guys for the support it really wasn't all that hard.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
nice man. this is good ti have when u do a hard reset. which i plan on doing soon to test a loader.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:18 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Nice work Boss man works much snappier now. Thanks and keep them coming
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Lurker

liveforfunnow is a n00b
thank you! i love the no-animation and no-systray icons hacks.

question: why/what does Increasing the Font Cache Size help?
Old 09-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Don't really know how to explain it so here's a quote from how spbsoftware..

Quote:
In a nutshell, the glyph cache is the pipeline through which graphics render. This tweak effectively quadruples the size of that pipe, which results in faster graphics.
Helps improve over all speed in other words.
~mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache