PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 10:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ppc6700 @ MetroPCS

Anyone currently have one working on MetroPCS? Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
CC
Old 04-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

payhayes is a n00b
Re: ppc6700 @ MetroPCS

clockcycle,

Did you ever get your PPC over to Metro? I believe I may have seen you on another forum somewhere trying to figure out MMS but I'm not sure. Let me know; I'm having a big issue getting 1X internet to work on mine but everything else works.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by payhayes View Post
clockcycle,

Did you ever get your PPC over to Metro? I believe I may have seen you on another forum somewhere trying to figure out MMS but I'm not sure. Let me know; I'm having a big issue getting 1X internet to work on mine but everything else works.

Hiya,

Yes, that is me

On that same forum I would suggest you read up the thread on "tethering on metropcs" it has the websessions information you need to configure to get your internet working, provided you have the internet feature enabled on your account.

It's been a while since, but I think these where the settings;

wap.metropcs.net as your gateway/proxy
#777 as the data session phone number
3128 as http & wap port
443 as shttp port
username is yourphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
password leave blank

But verify that info on that thread just to make sure.

have fun,

-CC

Last edited by clockcycle; 04-15-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Lurker

payhayes is a n00b

Thanks for the response. Trust me, I've read the forum. That amongst many other forums. But for some reason no matter what proxy settings I use on my PPC, I still get a #777 Cannot connect error whenever trying to connect to 1X web. And I do have the internet as a part of my plan. I've definately done the research, but there has to be something else going on in my particular case that's preventing these settings from working.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:50 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by payhayes View Post
Thanks for the response. Trust me, I've read the forum. That amongst many other forums. But for some reason no matter what proxy settings I use on my PPC, I still get a #777 Cannot connect error whenever trying to connect to 1X web. And I do have the internet as a part of my plan. I've definately done the research, but there has to be something else going on in my particular case that's preventing these settings from working.

welp I made a mistake on the settings in the reply here, it's 10digit@mymetropcs.com, I missed the "my"..

What was your previous phone on metro? can you check its web settings or web sessions? see if it's different and use those settings..

-CC
Old 04-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818

I've tried getting a 6700 on MetroPCS with no luck, they won't activate it for me.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work

hold up are you telling me I can switch my mogul to metro and have everything unlimited for fifty bucks as opposed to sprints for a hundred bucks pm me with info please
Old 04-15-2008, 10:27 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soinkster View Post
hold up are you telling me I can switch my mogul to metro and have everything unlimited for fifty bucks as opposed to sprints for a hundred bucks pm me with info please

Huh, where does it mention a mogul on this thread? Besides 1X data is molasses SLOW..

-CC
Old 04-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Lurker

payhayes is a n00b

Clockcycle,

Hey man,

It's just not working. I keep getting the Dialed #777 error. Tried all possible combinations of proxy settings. Updated and downgraded PRL. Tried to change PST settings to use Metro username and login credentials. Disabled EVDO and forced 1X. I just cannot seem to get 1X going. I want to use 1X for MMS because I normally browse web with Wifi due to the speed (of course); but this thing is kicking my arse. Did yours just work off the bat by updating your PRL?

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700 telus

Nothere2001 is a n00b

Have you tried switching your PPC to simple ip address? ##778# and then you change the setting under M. IP (i think).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache