PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2007, 09:49 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG
Carrier: Sprint

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bad news from sprint

I went to the sprint store today to get a replacement because my "joystik" broke. they said that they could not order a replacement from the warehouse because they are officially out. the offered me the treo lol ya right I told them that it was no where near a comparable replacement. I told them it was like I wrecked my bmw and they were offering me a ford. I said I'd rather have my broken 6700 than a treo and that they would have to give me the treo and cash if I was to take that trade off. anyways I asked about the 6800 and they said it would be out mid june here in phoenix. but the also told me that it would NOT be offered as a replacement phone for the 6700 and they will continue to only offer treos for such replacements. I will still try to swap it wen they do come out though. just thought I'd tell evryone about that.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

cryptical33 is a n00b
utstarcom

have u tried getting parts from these guys, i lost the battery cover and they set me one out free of charge
Old 05-31-2007, 10:01 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
If it was a Treo 700wx you should have tried it...it's no Ford!, lol.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:03 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Threadstarter

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I'm going to try that next. but I don't think I could take it apart correctly. I can't remember where I saw it on this site but I think there is a program that I can dl in order to remap the joystick so it won't be recognized. the bad news was that I was hoping that wen the 6800 came out they would offer that as replacements and I found out that it will not.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800w & HTC Snap (wife's)

DavidIQ is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DavidIQ
Yeah...I don't like that comparison at all. I like this one better: the 6700 would be like a BMW 5 series and the Treo would be like a BMW 7 series

FYI I have WAY less problems with my Treo (barely any actually) than my wife does with her 6700.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:05 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Threadstarter

I am not a big fan of treos and am very familiar to the windows os. for me its nowhere near the same. no offense 2 treo users lol
Old 05-31-2007, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael

allanak is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to allanak Send a message via AIM to allanak Send a message via MSN to allanak Send a message via Yahoo to allanak
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdd0512
I am not a big fan of treos and am very familiar to the windows os. for me its nowhere near the same. no offense 2 treo users lol
You realize that the w in 700wx means it runs Windows Mobile, right? It's the 700p that is PalmOS. The first thing you're going to notice is that the Treo has no wifi. And the resolution is 240x240 as opposed to 320x240. Personally, I have a joystick issue myself and am waiting for the 6800 to attempt my free upgrade.

SERO 1250 + unlimited text, TEP and free Airave <$55/mo
Old 05-31-2007, 10:50 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Threadstarter

ok I wasn't awareof the windows on treo. but I'm used to the ppc wen I use my girls phone I try to tap the screen lol I will wait for the 6800. but they told me that thy wernt going to offer that as a replacement.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:09 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
They'll tell you whatever they can to get you to switch to the Treo because it's there.
I was told that I wouldn't be able to exchange my broken 6600 for the 6700 before it was released. But sure enough, when I my 6600 broke a few months into the release of the 6700, that was what they offered me as a replacement.

Go into a Sprint store after the 6800 is released for a little while (not on the first day) with your non-repairable 6700 and I'd bet you could get a 6800 with a little nice talk to the rep.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident
They'll tell you whatever they can to get you to switch to the Treo because it's there.
I was told that I wouldn't be able to exchange my broken 6600 for the 6700 before it was released. But sure enough, when I my 6600 broke a few months into the release of the 6700, that was what they offered me as a replacement.

Go into a Sprint store after the 6800 is released for a little while (not on the first day) with your non-repairable 6700 and I'd bet you could get a 6800 with a little nice talk to the rep.
amen. First you must realize for these sales reps you make them NO money. For all they care they could tell you the 6800 never existed. Another thing you should know is the majority of sales reps get their information about the company from the internet (engaddget or phonescoop) Sprint works on a need to know basis. So for them to tell you whats going to be a replacement for the ppc at the end of the year... he was just lying.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache