PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Lurker

dakleenupman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Funny, I just exchanged mine yesterday after the 5 day waiting period. This of course ifs a refurb but who cares? It works now and all is better.

Chris
Old 06-02-2007, 06:43 AM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
well guess what kids my buddy is a sprint csr and he tells me that it will now be mid september before the 6800 hits. something about rev A and all that jazz. but dont be fooled there are a grip of 6700's out there. you just need to be willing to play hard ball with them. threaten to cancel your contract, throw a bloody fit and make a sceen. they cave pretty quickly if they think you will leave. just talk about how SINGULAR will practaly give you a new PPC and when the csr bawlks about this ask for the manager " this seems to speed up the process a bit " it worked for me brand new 6700 two weeks old and loving life again. hope this help!
Old 06-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: RAPH800
Carrier: Sprint

brockster is a n00b
We just orderd 2 ppc6700 last week and they arrived monday.

We just orderd 2 ppc6700 last week and they arrived monday. We called sprint customer service
Old 06-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

mujurip is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mujurip
I just got a replacement for my 6700. I had some water damage and cuz of that the screen would be all jumbeled up. Went to 2 sprint stores and they said that they'll swap it with a treo. (ofc i said no). Then i went to a 3rd one and the guy said come back after 1 hr.

When i came back, he came out w/ a brand new box of 6700 and set me up.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:06 AM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
see they have them! you just need to find a store that will work with you. and is willing to part with one. "FIGHT THE POWER"
Old 06-06-2007, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started
Still had one here

About 2 weeks ago, I had a bad headphone jack (in the middle of a call the phone's earpiece would go dead & the phone would switch to headphone mode even with nothing plugged in.)

I went into my local Sprint store in Appleton WI. They had a new 6700 in a box under the counter, and swapped me out immediately. No problems.

In fact, the new hardware solved a bunch of my issues that I thought were software related. BT now works 95% of the time vs. my previous 40%. No more DSODs. I used to freeze up an avg of 3X/day. Now only once in 2 weeks. My battery life has doubled on the new unit.

Sounds like I'm very fortunate to have the failure when I did. I'm hoping that I can hang onto this unit for years to come. I'm very happy with it.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor
i went in yesterday to get my busted 6700 replaced, and got the last one from the only sprint store in town. Only to find out that there are 5 dead pixels on the screen. So i take it back, and there is a woman there replacing her 6600, and buys the "last" 6700 from them. I go and ask if i can get a new 6700 because of the screen, and they say they have no more. I wonder where they got the one for the woman. They said they are going to try to get another one in for me, but if they cant, i can live with some dead pixels for a couple months till i attempt to trade up to a 6800.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

Dmunkey is a n00b
Just checked with a sprint tech and all the stores should have new 6700s in the store. He said theres 10,000 in the wharehouse. most cant order reconditioned phones but new ones are available.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint/nextel

216playboi is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 216playboi
can someone help me connect my ppc 6800 mogul to the internet thru my laptop i was able to do this on the ppc 6700 with no problem

can someone help a brutha out,thanks
Old 09-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdd0512 View Post
I went to the sprint store today to get a replacement because my "joystik" broke. they said that they could not order a replacement from the warehouse because they are officially out. the offered me the treo lol ya right I told them that it was no where near a comparable replacement. I told them it was like I wrecked my bmw and they were offering me a ford. I said I'd rather have my broken 6700 than a treo and that they would have to give me the treo and cash if I was to take that trade off. anyways I asked about the 6800 and they said it would be out mid june here in phoenix. but the also told me that it would NOT be offered as a replacement phone for the 6700 and they will continue to only offer treos for such replacements. I will still try to swap it wen they do come out though. just thought I'd tell evryone about that.

Why can't you just call the insurance company and get the replacement? Or if that doesn't work, I'd go to another city where it is available or order it from another city.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache