PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2007, 04:57 PM
N00b

willysdad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PPCGeeks and Profit.

This might kind of long, But there is a point and a general question.

A few weeks ago I was at my local watering hole enjoying a pint, When my phone rang. I answered and spoke (Wife) then hung up, the guy next (suit type, nodding aquintance).
says "Hey, I got the same phone from work, Does yours have a problem WiFi and tethering."
I say "Not anymore."(courtesy of PPCGeeks, Thanks Again everyone.)
So give him the web address pat myself on the back and go back to my pint.
A week later I see him and ask what he thought of the site and whether or not it was useful.
He says "I looked at it, But it was all Greek to me."
So I say "Well let me see your phone?"
Long story short I used a bunch of reg tweaks and swapped memory cards downloaded some programs and He paid my tab.

Here's where the moral and ethical question comes in.

I ran into him again last night and he was elated at the performance and stability of his "New" phone and we got to talking about the ROMs and AKUs that are out and he got more excited (It was mostly Crown Royal).
So we went over to my house and I set him up with a new ROM and some custom themes and ringers. We talked some more and he offered me 50 bucks, which I took. (He was kind of a pain in the ass and really not into learning the process. Just wanted me to fix it.) Btw half of the 50 bucks has been donated to PPCGeeks.

Anyway about 15 minutes ago I got a call from the same guy saying everyone in his division (Marketing) wants me to "Fix" their phones and pay me.

I feel that the information has been given to me freely and that I should do the same, But if they are a bunch of wankers and don't want to learn how to use their phones and just want someone to fix it. Taking their money and splitting it with PPcGeeks (unless someone has a better idea, by all means say something.) is probably the best bet.

Thoughts?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache