PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
oh my g*d.... dude, you cant let the customizations run, it screws everything...

Then perhaps you should add that to your "Flashing For Dummies" on your first post:

Quote:
=======================================
~~~~~Flashing for dummies~~~~~
=======================================

the first 3 steps are only needed if your on SPRINT and using my ROM, if your on verizon or using someone else's ROM then skip to step 4

1 - unlock your extended.rom (the files are in my thread, look at "known issues"

2 - delete everything in your extended.rom

3 - soft reset

4 - BACKUP your phone by SYNCHING (no other backup will restore your information properly once you update)

5 - download a ROM

6 - put your phone into bootloader mode by pressing the power button and the record button at the same time and soft reseting

7 - put phone on usb cable on windows XP ONLY!!!

8 - launch the ROMS exe file that will flash your phone

9 - click next and dont do anything while its flashing

10 - HARD RESET the phone when done. (HARD RESET) do not soft... (hold the two soft keys and reset, it will ask if you want to remove all data and hit Y)

11 - run through the initial setup for your phone

12 - reSYNC your information back into the phone

13 - Done!
-Rage
Old 04-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
my bad, i just assume people have read the thread b4 they "darkside" their $800 phone.

ill skip adding it cuz 9.6 has an ext.rom as part of the flash. but thanks, i didnt even think of that when i typed that up

Old 04-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiebaby473
Oh, okay. Well I'lll try it out today and see how it goes.
there is a post (page 7) i think, that has the files you need to unlock the ext.rom so you can remove everything in there, if you wanna wait a little bit 9.6 will have a flash file that will wipe the ext.rom for you. sorry i didnt even think of that when i put everything up.

in the interim, the soft reset will work at the 3 second screen.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Centro
Carrier: AT&T

pixiebaby473 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to pixiebaby473 Send a message via MSN to pixiebaby473 Send a message via Yahoo to pixiebaby473
LOL, it's okay. I'll just wait for the 9.6 and go from there.
It's no nig deal.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Great idea.

My phone lost the "radio" file during an installation of a simple "PRL" update when trying to do it using...umm.. "questionable" instructions. I wouldn't recommend updating PRL unless it's either over the air, or with very clean, highly verified detailed instructions. No "radio" = no "phone".
I guess I might need to go to the Sprint store and get another 6700... Phone number 6. lol

I need a ROM that includes the Radio Update to see if I can get it back that way. And/or the official sprint ROM that has the radio in it - which I can't seem to find right now.
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot
Quote:
Great idea.

My phone lost the "radio" file during an installation of a simple "PRL" update when trying to do it using...umm.. "questionable" instructions. I wouldn't recommend updating PRL unless it's either over the air, or with very clean, highly verified detailed instructions. No "radio" = no "phone".
I guess I might need to go to the Sprint store and get another 6700... Phone number 6. lol

I need a ROM that includes the Radio Update to see if I can get it back that way. And/or the official sprint ROM that has the radio in it - which I can't seem to find right now.
Here you go!

http://www4.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/d...0_WWE_Ship.exe

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 04-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Well, I tried that when you supplied it earlier. It's not from the same place I received my previous Official aku 2.2 update - and this one didn't update my radio, so it seemed it might have been something else.
Perhaps it would have updated my radio had something not been wrong...I simply don't know.

Regardless, I'm now getting an error when running it now: "Invalid country ID"

I've flashed with it before without getting the error. But it didn't give me the radio. Also tried going from ROM to ROM and trying each one multiple times in multiple ways but nothing works.

I just need a verified, tried and tested, method of getting the radio back....And perhaps I need to first take care of the "Invalid Country ID" error.

As this is likely not specific to this thread, please post any responses here:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/xv6700-error...try.html#36741
Old 04-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot
Well, I tried that when you supplied it earlier. It's not from the same place I received my previous Official aku 2.2 update - and this one didn't update my radio, so it seemed it might have been something else.
Perhaps it would have updated my radio had something not been wrong...I simply don't know.

Regardless, I'm now getting an error when running it now: "Invalid country ID"

I've flashed with it before without getting the error. But it didn't give me the radio. Also tried going from ROM to ROM and trying each one multiple times in multiple ways but nothing works.

I just need a verified, tried and tested, method of getting the radio back....And perhaps I need to first take care of the "Invalid Country ID" error.

As this is likely not specific to this thread, please post any responses here:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/xv6700-error...try.html#36741

i can send you a 9.5 with the radio & ext.rom if you think it will help, PM me
Old 04-19-2007, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

losplatanos is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to losplatanos Send a message via MSN to losplatanos Send a message via Yahoo to losplatanos
patiently waiting for 9.6 .... gotta say i love 9.1 9.3 etc, had them for a while, got frustrate because i couldn't get hotmail email to work properly from outlook so i istall another 3.5 aku with msn but my battery dies 2X faster........now i need to go back to mario....keep up the good work and thanks
Old 04-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: SP

exiton is a n00b
Question

I used to use this ROM and loved the extra features. I"m now giving RC4 a try and miss some of the extras. I've looked around, but can anyone point to where to find more information about what programs these are and who makes them:

-Contact/Schedule/Task/Etc. Backup Manager

-Today plugin to see last call made or missed -configurable

-LIVEsearch (great mobile alternative for movie times, traffic, etc.)

I'd love to get this functionality on the new release if possible. Thanks and in case anyone asks, I've already tried unsuccessfully to google them.

Thanks for your help and for the great ROM!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache