PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiebaby473
My friend has the 6700 with Alltel... can she use this too since it's CDMA also? If so, what would we have to do differently, if anything?
Hey,
Tell her/him?, to use Verizon which has no customizations built-in, and then let her Extended ROM run after setup. This should work perfectly, ..

Andrew,
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingyou
hi!all

after loading this ROM , it run perfect but i dod not see GPS icon on my phone ( XV6700 ) so anyone can help me out with this issue ? thank so much .
Hey and I am glad you found Jbabey's ROM, and enjoy using it.

Go to programs under the start menu and click on Resco Registry. Next in that program, press the left softkey named ''Up'', and go to the HKEY_Local Machine/ControlPanel/Gps settings. Change the Hide DWORD to a '0' and press yes when prompted then close all programs and soft-reset. You'll now find GPS under System tab of settings.

Take Care,
Andrew,
Old 05-15-2007, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Centro
Carrier: AT&T

pixiebaby473 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to pixiebaby473 Send a message via MSN to pixiebaby473 Send a message via Yahoo to pixiebaby473
After running the rom, it said it is not intended for use with this device, to check with the vendor for the correct version...through Alltel.
She has the 6700 through Alltel, and I used the Verizon version as instructed.... any ideas?
Old 05-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser
Quote:
After running the rom, it said it is not intended for use with this device, to check with the vendor for the correct version...through Alltel.
She has the 6700 through Alltel, and I used the Verizon version as instructed.... any ideas?
Hey,
Thats strange, she did put the device into bootloader mode right? The application she should run is, "MaUpgradeUt_noID" and this will work as far as I understand. Let me know how it goes, are you doing the upgrade yourself, or is she just letting you know the results and posting them for her?

Take Care,
Andrew,
Old 05-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser
Quote:
Hey,
Thats strange, she did put the device into bootloader mode right? The application she should run is, "MaUpgradeUt_noID" and this will work as far as I understand. Let me know how it goes, are you doing the upgrade yourself, or is she just letting you know the results and posting them for her?

Take Care,
Andrew,
thats correct, just use the "NOID" exe to do the flash.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cencom14 is a n00b
I love this ROM! I have a couple questions though. Is there any way to enlarge the size of the font used in the threaded SMS application? If not is there any way to revert to the original xv-6700 SMS application? I love the threaded app but the text size is so small it is killing my eyes. Any info or help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by cencom14
I love this ROM! I have a couple questions though. Is there any way to enlarge the size of the font used in the threaded SMS application? If not is there any way to revert to the original xv-6700 SMS application? I love the threaded app but the text size is so small it is killing my eyes. Any info or help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Im unsure if there is a way to disable it, i honestly have never tried. Ill look into it tomorow k.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
You can't disable the threaded messaging app. It replaces the regular text messaging app.

As for the text size, it you go to Start > Settings > System > Screen > Text Size you will be able to set a different size for the font. This will apply larger text sizes to your programs, including the threaded text program.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 05-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cencom14 is a n00b
Thanks. That did the trick!
Old 05-22-2007, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started
"Notes" Problem

I am having a problem using the 'Notes' application on the device. it just hangs when I click it. Any known workaround?

Thanks!
Skip
Old 05-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Re: "Notes" Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipster
I am having a problem using the 'Notes' application on the device. it just hangs when I click it. Any known workaround?

Thanks!
Skip
I never came across this issue while i was running this ROM. I would suggest bumping yourself up to the 1.6u that I finished up. Now that the BT issues are resolved I can say that it will prove to be a much more stable base for you to be on.

Enjoy!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache