PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

josh33_unc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to josh33_unc Send a message via MSN to josh33_unc Send a message via Yahoo to josh33_unc
windows live shows me on the today screen what emails are new that i have in my inbox, and takes me directly to them in a text threaded looking view when i point to them with my stylus
Old 03-05-2007, 03:48 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
Windows Live.... i need more info
I know Colonel's 3.3beta3 has Windows Live built into it with the Today screen plugin. Maybe you could look at his rom or pm him asking what he did. I don't know much about building roms or anything like that so I can't help. Sorry.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

josh33_unc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to josh33_unc Send a message via MSN to josh33_unc Send a message via Yahoo to josh33_unc
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannzeman
Quote:
Windows Live.... i need more info
I know Colonel's 3.3beta3 has Windows Live built into it with the Today screen plugin. Maybe you could look at his rom or pm him asking what he did. I don't know much about building roms or anything like that so I can't help. Sorry.
i just downloaded the file from that cab you linked to, and it asks you if you want to put it on the today screen in setup, when you sign in with your email address the 1st time, it works great, ok now this is the best rom ive used....now that i have windows live and mario all over the phone
Old 03-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670
dannzeman and JBabey,

Thanks for the input. This has beenthe biggest headache for me since I started upgrading the ROM.

If you are cooking another one- I can only suggest the following:
(i use te following)

- cool camera
- weather to go( or something similar)

Other than that- You have a sweet ROM on your hands!

Thanks again.

-is there anything you can suggest about the sluggish response?

Strickland
Old 03-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
im so freakin pissed off at the MMS packages on the FTP im building my own right now from Wideawakes, its not the newest version but seems to be the most stable with the least amount of WIERD QUIRKY SH*T. Its also like 5 freakin megs smaller than the other OEM packages....

im going to test this one over the next day or two before i put out another revision thinking its working

----- I also received the Verizon MMS OEM package, I will incorporate that by the end of the day and repost the verizon revision... please please please, test the MMS once I get the new package up cuz the one im using now is...... uh.... not what I expected it to be from the readme on the FTP....

+++++++++++++++++++++

Battery life????? thats just plain weird... i run the BT all day long and make asstons of phonecalls and it still has about 30% at the end of the day. I have purposefully gone out of my way to make changes to this rom that do NOT drain the battery (like the LED's and the battery polling frequency) All i can think of is to turn down your LCD brightness (i keep mine at 30%) that is the single biggest drain your phone has. Aside from that... try running the "ReclaimRAM" shortcut about halfway through the day to clean up the program storage space.

+++++++++++++++++++++

sorry for the MMS crap though, it was working for me and i got all excited... i will now build my own OEM, and try it with my co-workers over the next day or so before I update.

Thanks for the feedback, this is how we get the best!
ALSO TURN OFF THE RECIEVE ALL INCOMMING BEAMS FOR THE INFERED PART OF THE PHONE ON THE COMM MANAGER. THIS IS THE BIGGEST DRAIN ON THE PHONE NOT THE SCREEN.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670
Dzuchowski ,

good call- Accepting all beams was on.

I have drop the screen brightness to 30% as well.

I am hoping that I can make it passed 4 hours on standby.

Thanks again you guys for all your input!

Strickland
Old 03-05-2007, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!

soggystockings is just getting started
BigJ thanks for the quick replys. I will hook it up tonight. quick question though. does it have any push mail in it or do I have to hook up my mail2web on it? Thanks

Old 03-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by strickly_ppc670
Dzuchowski ,

good call- Accepting all beams was on.

I have drop the screen brightness to 30% as well.

I am hoping that I can make it passed 4 hours on standby.

Thanks again you guys for all your input!

Strickland
Also check out this like.
http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...&Category=1103

They have a 1500mha battery that is the same size as the orginal battery
http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=638

"This extended battery provides approximately 15% longer talk and standby time than the battery that initially ships with PPC/XV 6700. And this battery is the exact same size as the battery that comes stock with your Smartphone. So for a modest price, you are gaining a longer device usability, with no need to change your battery door. For those users who are looking for longer device usability but prefers not to use the bigger battery, this is the answer. "

They also have a 3200mha battery

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=445

Introducing the most powerful battery currently on the market for the 6700... the new 3200mAh Extended Life Battery!

This battery provides more than two times the amount of power than the battery that initially ships with the 6700 (1350mAh). This means a 240% upgrade from the standard battery or a 33% upgrade from our current 2400mAh Extended Battery!

The best part of this battery is that it is the same size as the Seidio 2400mAh Extended Battery, or OEM Extended Battery (1800mAh).

Please select Side Leather Case for Seidio 3200mah Extended Battery.

* With the purchase of this battery, you will receive a replacement battery door. Please select the color you wish to receive from the dropdown menu above.

Click here for a product review.

i have the 3200mha and love it but wish it did not take 8 hours to charge from dead. But it does seem to last, just charge it first for 24 hours in the cradle, this is a must.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: SPRINT

effortless is just getting started
thanks for looking into the windows live stuff. It's basically windows live messenger (with full features) and a connection to your hotmail/msn/live mail that supports push email... it also syncs ALL your contacts (which is very nice since I hard reset a lot).
Old 03-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by effortless
thanks for looking into the windows live stuff. It's basically windows live messenger (with full features) and a connection to your hotmail/msn/live mail that supports push email... it also syncs ALL your contacts (which is very nice since I hard reset a lot).
yahoo go does all that plus backs up yout pictures to a pic mail account on yahoo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache