PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 09:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: SPRINT

effortless is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
yea... but it doesn't access my msn mail lol (I don't think it supports push either) .. it also lets you upload your phone pics to your live spaces with a click of a button.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!
Carrier: Sprint

soggystockings is just getting started
Ok i did the rom but i am having an issues..I cant copy my pim(contacts) from the storage card to my device(contacts not showing up). When i click on contacts it flashes but it doesnt show them. They are listed though in my call list. I also am getting a Sychronization error could not be completed. Try again later.

Support code 800754e

Any ideas?

EDIT-- now my phone is not getting any service...to make calls

EDIT-- again..have service now after two soft resets but contacts still dont show..

Old 03-05-2007, 11:43 PM
N00b

jvcjbl is a n00b
BigJ what is the status of a dedicated verizon build... I would like to run it on the phone for the few last days I have the phone. I am ordering a new flip phone and getting rid of the internet package to save some $$. Thanks for all your hard work.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Lurker

bradenmcg is a n00b
I'd love to see the verizon version too.

A few requests:
the little "flashlight" app in ROM would be cool, even if it's not assigned to anything by default: http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJCandela

The screen cap app from here: wellhttp://www.fannsoftware.com/PpcSoftMain.html

WM 6 RDP client - it's in another thread on the forum here, ~750KB cab...

turn the notification lights on by default, but include a cab file to disable them? or the other way around... so people don't ask you the same stupid questions about the lights all the time.

For those complaining about battery, I'm curious - do you routinely let your battery die or come close to empty? It's the absolute worst thing you can do for a Lithium-Ion (or Lithium-Polymer) battery. You should charge them whenever possible and try not to let it drain to fully dead ever. I like to start looking for power when I'm around 20-25%...

If your battery has been through multiple "Full cycles" or you routinely keep it in hot areas (left in the car while shopping on a sunny day) you can blame yourself for the reduced battery life... get a new one and you'll see a difference. while you're at it, upgrade to the seidio/mugen power extended life units.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!

soggystockings is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by soggystockings
Ok i did the rom but i am having an issues..I cant copy my pim(contacts) from the storage card to my device(contacts not showing up). When i click on contacts it flashes but it doesnt show them. They are listed though in my call list. I also am getting a Sychronization error could not be completed. Try again later.

Support code 800754e

Any ideas?

EDIT-- again..have service now after two soft resets but contacts still dont show..
EDIT--again...I still cannot put my contacts in. I tried to use my mail2web server and now i am getting a "there is not nough free memory on your device to sync info..yadayadayada) Support code: 0x8007000E

Damn last edit i promise...I love the rom i FINALLY got my contacts in and i also have sync with the computer so all is well. What "programs" were not supposed to be in the rom? I dont think booted it up right to clear out the junk...Thanks
Old 03-06-2007, 02:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Quote:

Support code 800754e

Any ideas?

EDIT--again...I still cannot put my contacts in. I tried to use my mail2web server and now i am getting a "there is not nough free memory on your device to sync info..yadayadayada) Support code: 0x8007000E

Damn last edit i promise...I love the rom i FINALLY got my contacts in and i also have sync with the computer so all is well. What "programs" were not supposed to be in the rom? I dont think booted it up right to clear out the junk...Thanks
the contact PIM.VOL file from AKU 2.x is NOT compatible with AKU 3.x (ya i know!) you actually have to sync them out, and back in once you upgrade... then you can continue to use the pim.vol.... it pissed me off quite a bit because i was hastey with my upgrade and had to downgrade... sync....the re-upgrade and sync

uploading the verizon one now,

as for sprint... MMS is a f*(KING pain in the @$$.... EVERY registry entry carries over fine... everything is "supposed" to work... doing reg compares before and after and building ... still puts everything EXACTLY the way it is when you install it and manually enter the settings... yet once packed into an OEM it wont freakin work....

Seriously, im running out of options, if someone has the L33T skillz to OEM this properly ... with or without the sprint settings, just so it will WORK once you put in the settings would be fantastic!

anyways.... i got about 2 tricks left, and then ill be out of options.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
all of the coming changes are completed (see the TO DO list on pg1)

I am *VERY* close to giving up on making a working OEM for SPrint MMS.... If you guys have ANY ideas on how to get this to work lemme know. Tomorow afternoon if my latest build r3 doesnt crash after i beat the hell out of it ill post it up without MMS working (all the settings are correct, im pulling my hair out!)

I will be stopping at Revision 3 and work soley on getting MMS working, If I am unable to, there wont be a revision 4 untill someone can help me or post up a working OEM package. I will post tomorow everything that I have tried in the 13 or so flashes ive done, and document every step ive made on the way so maybe someone can pickup from there...

++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Verizon one (to the best of my knowledge) has working MMS. The package sent to me had been tested, you guys need only input your phone # in that reg key listed on the front page.

____Thanks for everyones patience and feedback. Well tackle this stupid MMS thing yet!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
I use yahoo go and now with this new version it will not down load pictures says that i need more memory, but i have 25.32mb free storage and 15.83mb program.

also went to charge it last night at 9:00 and got up at 7:45 and not done charging as the light was organge

is there a way to creat a file that will put the led, screen rotate, and comm manager on the bottom without haveing to do it manually?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic

strickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good workstrickly_ppc670 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to strickly_ppc670
Dzuchowski ,

thanks again for the input. I just may have to get another battery-
just worried that how the extended will fit into my pants pockets.

last thing I want to hear is " are you happy to see me or is that a PPC-6700 in your pants?"

thanks again!

Strickland
Old 03-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Banned User

dzuchowski is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by strickly_ppc670
Dzuchowski ,

thanks again for the input. I just may have to get another battery-
just worried that how the extended will fit into my pants pockets.

last thing I want to hear is " are you happy to see me or is that a PPC-6700 in your pants?"

thanks again!

Strickland
I would not wear any tight leather pants or spandex!!! you could invent something to wear the phone around your neck and make the phone into a "bling bling" statement!!!

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=304

this is a clip that you can use on your belt and works with the 2400 extended battery and i think it will work with the 3200 extended battery as well since they are the same size... also will work with the orginal battery as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache