PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

aerospaced is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to aerospaced Send a message via Skype™ to aerospaced
Re: GPS on XV6700 and Verizon

Follow this string backwards, it is like post 8 or 9 in this string. I paid 61.45 after shipping and handling, and I expect delivery monday. You get to pay with paypal so it is very secure. *Note make sure all is correct after you go to pay pal, there is no provisions for change, youhave to email any corrections and hope they read it prior to shipping, so inspect all data before you click continue!!
The web link I got was http://www.buygpsnow.com/bluetooth-gps_9.aspx the gps was holux M1000 32 channel. My price also includes the custom charger and fed ex shipping. Mine would have arrived, but I had a typo in my address and did not catch it so they froze my shipping until I emailed the correct address. I had email at night when I caught the typo. They do not have phone support, only chat and email support.

All that aside, I will post a review on how my new toy performs!!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Here is the Holux 240 on ebay (link) and it is Buy It Now for about 70 bux total but if you can wait and do an auction you can get it cheaper.

Specs are important because the more sats it tracks (channels) the better the accuracy. Re-acquisition, Hot Start, Warm Start and Cold Start are important to most people also.

Here are the specs on the Holux 240

I just like this one because it is extremely small and wireless (bluetooth), has good specs and is decently priced obviously.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800 - bye bye ppc6700
Carrier: spcs

CopyCounsler is a n00b

I've used TOMTOM and iGuidance and between the two, I like iGuidance way better. I loved 3.1 until 4.0 was released. The major difference is now there is text-to-speech for the street names in 4.0.

Funny quirk: when I had bluetooth to my car stereo going, it would send out over the bluetooth: "Turn left at " and then the text to speech would play on the PPC itself: "broadway avenue"

heheh..

also, I've developed a tool to turn on the bluetooth and load any program. once the program exits, the bluetooth is turned back off. let me go look it up real quick

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24942

there it is. I hope more people get use out of it and spread it around. It's my way for me to give back to all you guys.

Copy
Old 05-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

aerospaced is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to aerospaced Send a message via Skype™ to aerospaced

my toy came in today, I ended up with the HOLUX 1000 GPS. I really like that it comes with the car charger and for 10 dollars you can get the ac adapter charger. Microsoft streets and trips recognized the device right away. Delorme solaras never found it. Which is a real shame as the delorme is a better program, it shows speed and direction which is very handy when I fly( I never use a handheld as primary source as it is illegal, but if you are flying visual and dead reconing, this makes it great to find where you are and how far it is from where you thought you were!!!!) I like how quick it finds the satellites. As small as it is, it is the next closest thing to the gps being in the phone. I will try to use it tomorrow on my motorcycle, which is what I was wanting the phone to work alone. I put the cellphone on the tank bag and go. We like to just ride and sometimes we get lost. The software which comes with the gadget will lock up and quit on the pda right after it goes into 3d mode. I might have too much running, even though I would think that the streets and trips would have a greater overhead. One quirk I noticed, is I have to do a soft reset to get the com port released.

I think this is a great toy, thank you very much weedahoe.

Last edited by aerospaced; 05-09-2008 at 11:39 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache