PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: I am just getting a count of users of my rom out of curiosity.
At some point I have used one of colonel's roms or patches. 33 71.74%
I have not used Colonel's, but I have used another custom rom at some point. 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 12:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot

I don't even see any benefit from XCPUScalar for opening TOMTOM. Which takes exactly 15.1 seconds no matter what I do.
For me XPUscalar NEVER ran fast enough to warrant the high MA use.

I always found Pocket Hack Master to ALWAYS run faster, even with same settings.

I also noted that the custom settings in PHM made it run fast enough to warrant it's high MA usage.

Specifically, boosting the BUS settings made the biggest difference.
But that can only be adjusted with PHM, not Xcpu...

This scenario has always been the case for the 6700, but not for other units. I have had Xcpu run faster than PHM with same settings, on AximX30 units.

Oh well sory to get off topic a little, but I have been testing ROM speed for comparison to 2.2, 3.3, and 3.5 Roms. There is a (small)jump up in speed from 3.3 to 3.5, but not as large as I had hoped and I am also seeing a speed difference between the 3.5 roms.. Havent got (EDIT: I mean settled on) a favorite yet!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Havent got (EDIT: I mean settled on) a favorite yet!
heh... every rom...is a temporary rom.

Just wait a month, and they all be identical, again.

also... Just remember, in regards to anything you run from storage card, that the brand of storage card can make a substantial difference in speed.
I don't know which is fastest for the 6700 (as they appear to run differently on different devices) but I most certainly would like to know. I'll be buying a 4gb card soon.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

runt is a n00b
finally installed 3.5 after a hard-reset didn't take care of my phone locking up when i hooked it up to my computer. only thing i miss so far is OnClose (or whatever its called) to close programs when you hit the X. however, i need the actual name to install it. anyone know what it is actually named?
Old 03-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work
Raging Idiot --

Which storage cards are faster?
Old 03-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Read carefully what I had written. Post your question as a new topic, or watch the topic I've already created for answers on this.
Otherwise we're just cluttering up the thread.

You're making this look more like Colonel Sanders chicken scratch,
instead of "Colonels 3.5 Custom"

Raging Idiot
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by runt
finally installed 3.5 after a hard-reset didn't take care of my phone locking up when i hooked it up to my computer. only thing i miss so far is OnClose (or whatever its called) to close programs when you hit the X. however, i need the actual name to install it. anyone know what it is actually named?
That was called InClose. It's not included in the 3.5 ROM
Old 03-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by runt
Smartskey is still in the rom and it also closes applications with the right soft key. I kind of mentioned this earlier in the thread. If you want to edit what it shouldnt close, open the smarkey.ini file with total commander (first make sure to change the file from read only) and edit it the file. It is located in \windows.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 03-05-2007, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

runt is a n00b
well, i have to do another hard reset, managed to get a text message while palm sms was installing and it borked my phone (couldn't access the message no matter what).
Old 03-06-2007, 01:49 AM
BC
N00b

BC is a n00b
How do you enable the volume slider as a scroll?
Old 03-06-2007, 08:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

runt is a n00b
well, my ppc locks up sometime between 4am and 5:30am with this rom. better than the random times of the old one i guess.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache