PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2008, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

ran-o-matic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Disable EVDO?

glitchbit,

Seriously - Vision was a standard plan two years ago and was $10 for unlimited data. Many of us had it and used it with our 6700's for unlimited EVDO. Most have moved on to other plans and devices. The standard unlimited plan now is only $15.

My wife moved on to SERO and a Centro. $30 for 500 minutes, unlimited data and texting. She likes the Palm OS better that WM. I'm still waiting for something significantly better than the 6700, but those SERO plans are looking nice.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: StraightTalk
Threadstarter

glitchbit is a n00b

wow... wonder why I have been under the impression that EVDO was costing people a lot more? I thought people I had talked to was indicating that EVDO was costing like $30 or $40 but I am not sure if that included tethering which I thought brought it up even more.

Granted I know that tethering does not cost anything additional for our 6700's =).

I am on my Dad's plan which I imagine discounts similarly to SERO maybe even better, somehow the local hospital managed to pull off a deal (a few years ago) with sprint where he works
Old 05-04-2008, 05:58 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

glitchbit is a n00b

Wow out of everything I have tried I think disabling EVDO has been the most effective thing I have ever done!! It has been about 15 hours now since I disconnected from my charger and even though I have not made any phone calls I have only lost 20%!! And I have been playing around with the phone for a few minutes and called my house a few times thinking oh well I bet I can make it tank 10% points real quick but I am wrong!! It is still at 80%!

abcPowermeter though did not record it all though? I thought I could turn off my phone and abcPowermeter would still keep track??

I will keep on monitoring this and keep everyone updated, but this is making me think that a mortscript might be needed so that enabling and disabling EVDO will be as simple as clicking on a shortcut. Also I think 1X is probably sufficient for most people who are pushing small sized emails.

I have read some more that people in fringe areas between EVDO and 1X have really bad draining issues, in one instance one person with this very phone had theirs drain from a full charge to 0 in 4 hours.

The sad part is I am not even in a fringe area by a long shot and my battery still gets drained like crazy! (when Hybrid was enabled)

Last edited by glitchbit; 05-04-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:04 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

glitchbit is a n00b

I am now at 60%, but I am usually at 20% RIGHT NOW and that is unplugging at a full charge at 8am. However, I have had this unplugged since 10pm yesterday and just now hit 60%. If it was not for a few phone calls I just received I would probably be higher than that right now. Also I normally have music and bluetooth going on 30 minutes every day and 3 hours two days out of the week, I have not been playing music at this time, but even when I don't play music my battery life still gets zapped just as bad.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache