PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007, 03:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

kwyatt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
thanks... so i delete or upx the files in the os folder..

one more quick question.... in the initflasfile.txt do i have to create a directory first if it doesnt already exist? Or can i just tell it the directory to place the file and it will automatically create it?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

finster869 is keeping up the good workfinster869 is keeping up the good work
It will automatically create it with the directory command. However, consensus seems to be to try and keep as much as possible in the windows directory, and only use lnk files in other directories. We believe that to try putting it in another directory results in the file being copied a second time thereby taking up twice the space.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
This looks like a great how-to, however I do not have a registered version of WinCE cab manager. How do you export the registry using another program? I looked at tutorial on this thread using this program but was unable to extract the registry. Any thoughts on this program or any others?
Old 02-07-2007, 06:00 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
You don't 'extract the registry', you extract all files (it's the little folder icon)

The registry settings will be in the windows\xxxx.reg file (whatever it is, it ends in reg)

[/img]
Old 02-07-2007, 06:46 PM
VIP Member

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj
You don't 'extract the registry', you extract all files (it's the little folder icon)

The registry settings will be in the windows\xxxx.reg file (whatever it is, it ends in reg)

[/img]
I am able to extract the files, but seem to have some trouble when trying to locate the registry entries.

For example, I am testing this program on Total Commander. I know there is already a module, but I figured I would try and see if I can get it to match the module already available.

1. I extract the cab to my "Total Commander" folder in the OEM folder.
2. I navigate to the "Total Commander" folder. Contained in this folder are 2 more folders (Program Files & Windows) and a "Total Commander.inf" file.
3. Within the Program Files & Windows folder, there are no registry files, at least not appearant to me! (Program Files Folder contains a folder "Total Commander" and within that folder, there are 4 files: "cecmd.exe', 'ftp.tfx', 'LAN.tfx', and 'registry.tfx'. I assume that 'registry.tfx' is the registry file, but when I try to open it with notepad, all I get are a bunch of symbols. Windows folder only contains the 'cecmd.htm' help/FAQ file.).

That's where I am stuck. I glanced through the rest of the tutorial, and it seems that I need the registry entries, but I am stuck as to where to extract them.

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: bell

PaulFix is a n00b
[quote="jamesuswithin that folder, there are 4 files: "cecmd.exe', 'ftp.tfx', 'LAN.tfx', and 'registry.tfx'. I assume that 'registry.tfx' is the registry file, but when I try to open it with notepad, all I get are a bunch of symbols. ![/quote]

That registry.ffx file is the add in for editing the registry from within TC
Old 02-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I can rapidshare the my version of WinCE Cab Manager.

PIM me if you need it.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:00 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus

That's where I am stuck. I glanced through the rest of the tutorial, and it seems that I need the registry entries, but I am stuck as to where to extract them.

Thanks for your help!
Total commander does not have any reg entries... try another one!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:15 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus

Thanks for your help!
Total commander does not have any reg entries... try another one!
Interesting...didn't know that. I'm going to try rlToday then when I get home.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael

allanak is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to allanak Send a message via AIM to allanak Send a message via MSN to allanak Send a message via Yahoo to allanak
Great writeup Of course, I find myself trying to do with with more complicated apps and run into some issues.

I go and extract all the files, but their install location isn't the same for all of them, say %InstallDir%\Sling Media\Slingplayer Mobile and some other files go into a subfolder of Channels (for icons, etc).

So I'm assuming that this method places the files in \windows since the writeup didn't specify anything else. What about packages that put files in multiple folders? I wanted to build slingplayer into my OEM, but it puts files in all sorts of folders, not to mention it has a setup dll and I don't know what to do with it.

Same goes with say...Palm SMS (for example! ) Suggestions?

SERO 1250 + unlimited text, TEP and free Airave <$55/mo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache