PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

stevesmz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how do I add programs I missed when flashing my phone

hi guys. I apparently forgot to add a couple of programs (drivers) when I flashed my drive. How do I go about adding them without re-flashing my bios. Also, is there any way to utilize my storage card for some of these programs instead of the tiny hard drive found in this phone. Please let me know. Thanks,
Old 12-23-2008, 08:36 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: how do I add programs I missed when flashing my phone

Hi, you will need to use the SEARCH feature around here in order to survive. Me and many others are willing to help but you will need to meet us half way there. That being said, I will get straight to the point.

You can find cab files of the programs in the kitchen. This is the better route to go instead of cooking 50 programs into the ROM. A ROM with less apps installed will be much more smooth. So I like to cook only a few apps in then install the rest trough cabs, when you use cabs you can install to a storage card or the main memory. That is not the best thing though. It always is better to install to main memory because of the card lags sometimes. There should be enough memory on the phone for programs. Just store your music, videos, pics on a storage card.

Have fun

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

And we dont flash BIOS, we flash ROMs. I know youre learning and it takes time. Like PDA said, find the apps and install it on the device. CAB files get transfered to the phone and installed from the screen on the phone. EXEs stay on the PC and with the PPC connected via USB you can install them that way.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:16 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

I would disagree with PDAPhoneJunkie a bit. I've loaded up my roms to the max with apps and never had any problems with them. I didn't notice my 6700 running any smoother with a smaller rom on it.

Also, be sure to search and see what apps install nicely to the storage card and what apps don't. Most of them should be covered, and if you can't find it then go ahead and ask.

Good luck.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:04 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

To each his own...
Old 12-24-2008, 09:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

What he is saying overall though is there is the potential to have adverse reactions and compatability issues from several and various applications. If they are all cooked together there is nothing you can do about it because it is made INTO the ROM whereas if they are installed by cab/exe after the ROM is made then you have the control and are able to isolate the issue with uninstalling a particular app.

WHEW!!!!! Thats a long damn sentence.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP with Twisted Access 1.5
Carrier: Alltel but not for long

hessien is keeping up the good workhessien is keeping up the good work
Wink Re: how do I add programs I missed when flashing my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post

WHEW!!!!! Thats a long damn sentence.
At least you didn't repeat yourself redundently over and over again...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache