View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 06:46 PM
jamesus
VIP Member

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj
You don't 'extract the registry', you extract all files (it's the little folder icon)

The registry settings will be in the windows\xxxx.reg file (whatever it is, it ends in reg)

[/img]
I am able to extract the files, but seem to have some trouble when trying to locate the registry entries.

For example, I am testing this program on Total Commander. I know there is already a module, but I figured I would try and see if I can get it to match the module already available.

1. I extract the cab to my "Total Commander" folder in the OEM folder.
2. I navigate to the "Total Commander" folder. Contained in this folder are 2 more folders (Program Files & Windows) and a "Total Commander.inf" file.
3. Within the Program Files & Windows folder, there are no registry files, at least not appearant to me! (Program Files Folder contains a folder "Total Commander" and within that folder, there are 4 files: "cecmd.exe', 'ftp.tfx', 'LAN.tfx', and 'registry.tfx'. I assume that 'registry.tfx' is the registry file, but when I try to open it with notepad, all I get are a bunch of symbols. Windows folder only contains the 'cecmd.htm' help/FAQ file.).

That's where I am stuck. I glanced through the rest of the tutorial, and it seems that I need the registry entries, but I am stuck as to where to extract them.

Thanks for your help!