PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint insurance replacement

i was just wondering if anyone has experience with the Sprint insurance recently and getting the 6700 replaced. i am hoping that i will be upgraded to the Mogul because it is comparable, or will they try to give me a refurbished 6700. should i call my local sprint store and see what they will do?
Old 04-02-2008, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

samshady is a n00b
Re: sprint insurance replacement

I believe it will depend on what they have in stock. If they have refurbished 6700s that is what you will get. Some people have gotten lucky and received refurbished 6800s. The last I had heard though was they were out of refurbished 6800s at this time. Some people with 6800s were receiving the "touch" as replacements. If you're in good with the people at the local store they maybe able to help you out.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can call advanced tech support and have them order you a 6800 as a replacement through their advance exchange program. As long as you have insurance, they will ship you a replacement with a return kit so you can send your 6700 back. If you tell them that you do not want another 6700, they will replace it with a refurbished 6800. Avoid the local sprint store and save yourself a headache.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint "The CDMA gods"

Brera is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Brera Send a message via Yahoo to Brera

Curently the Grande Parrie Depot is out of Mougls due to an mass ROM upgrade, Unless (EXTERMLY UNLIKELY) they have one floating around to send you, they will most likely send you a Touch (VOUGE). You could also call customer support and complain about your current phone, and how many replacements u have had with it, reoccuring problems, and they will eventually just upgrade u for free.

The past 6 Mougl AE (advanced exchange) I have completed have been replied to with the HTC Touch

Brera
Sprint Service and Repair Technician
Baton Rouge, LA
Old 04-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

that sucks... the touch is not comparable IMO, it doesn't have a keyboard. who do i call and does anyone know when they might be getting more moguls?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cordodor is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to cordodor

lockline/assurance or whatever it's called now is still replacing the 6700 with the 6700...
Old 04-02-2008, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

LOL Your serious about the hard keyboard? search the site their are PLENTY of QWERTY keyboards u can have for the touch that own Mougls hard QWERTY. I use "Touch Pal" and i type alot faster than i did on my mougl, as fast as im typing on my laptop at the moment indeed. Check it out, catch a free upgrade. U'll love it (wasnt ment to flame btw) :0)
Old 04-02-2008, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: SPRINT

eballin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brera View Post
LOL Your serious about the hard keyboard? search the site their are PLENTY of QWERTY keyboards u can have for the touch that own Mougls hard QWERTY. I use "Touch Pal" and i type alot faster than i did on my mougl, as fast as im typing on my laptop at the moment indeed. Check it out, catch a free upgrade. U'll love it (wasnt ment to flame btw) :0)
i use touch pal too and i txt fast as hell on it.. so fast that im thinking about messing my mogul up on purpose and asking for a touch lol
Old 04-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i dunno, something about pressing actual buttons that i have to have. virtual keyboards don't feel like anything and i tend to miss type a lot. do you have any screen shots of touch pal or a picture? i would like to see what you are talking about. i have had my hands on both the mogul ant the touch and i just like the feel of the slide out keyboard, i am so used to it from my 6700.

really though its not an argument over weather i want a touch or a 6800, i'm curious if any one has replaced the 6700 and what they got in exchange
Old 04-03-2008, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepeesea View Post
i dunno, something about pressing actual buttons that i have to have. virtual keyboards don't feel like anything and i tend to miss type a lot. do you have any screen shots of touch pal or a picture? i would like to see what you are talking about. i have had my hands on both the mogul ant the touch and i just like the feel of the slide out keyboard, i am so used to it from my 6700.

really though its not an argument over weather i want a touch or a 6800, i'm curious if any one has replaced the 6700 and what they got in exchange

I am a service tech here at Sprint and I've recieved 7 Touch's for 7 Mougl insurance advanced exchanges.

Here is the almighty touch pal (be sure to read how to use it and check out the video of the amazing speed!!!, it looks hard when u look at the keyboard,but learning to operate its SO easy and fast.)

http://www.intomobile.com/2007/10/10...ws-mobile.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache