PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007, 04:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 3G / TP2
Carrier: Sprint / Google Voice
Threadstarter

saridnour is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
jschurawlow: All the apps are in the rom so they can not be removed. What you can do is set them to not load by removing them from the windows startup folder. Items in the Rom are not removable, but since the rom taks up the same amount of space regaurdless of what it is filled with, if you disable them, they are not occupying any usable space anyway. They are just there if you want them and becasue its a config I liked.

-saridnour
Old 02-07-2007, 07:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
So far, i love this ROM. Good work saridnour!

The ROM is lightning fast and i have tons of memory left over after the install!

The only thing that is really bugging me is the need for flexmail. I understand that it is more powerful than poutlook, but its still beta. Simple things like opening a message take a multiple step process because its not the default mail app.

Also, the SPB app that you installed for pics does wierd things. When you browse folders, it uses the last pic that you used as the icon for all of the folders. This is a slight annoyance, is there a way to fix this? Does anyone else have this issue?

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dmackdaddy is a n00b
How about that WM6 RDP client cab file? Can we get it as a one off?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

saridnour is a n00b
slypher: Thanks for the praise! I will see about getting another ROM out there. pOutlook is a bit annoying that you can't open an email to see it's content quickly so I may see if I can hunt down the missing bits for the next release. I did find some DSOD issues that I think I have fixed in my reg Rom. When I get this all straightened out I will roll my changes back to the unreg Rom and let you guys at it. Wish I could just work on one Rom image, but as long as you guys are willing to test out the unreg version the port should be easy. I'll take a closer look at spb imager as well. I don’t recall seeing the issues your seeing but I may just have overlooked it. It could be a trial issue or it could be an issue with the way it's nested in the rom. I had to cheat a bit to get it to load flat in the windows dir. vs. having to create sub folders and waste storage memory. If it's the later, I will probably not fix it as the app does work and I would prefer the smaller footprint. If it's that troublesome, you could always try installing spb imager and see if that fixes the issue as the storage space usage would be justified to you. (If you do load it, let me know your results).

dmackdaddy: The bits for the rdp are pieces I pulled out of the wm6 distro that are floating around. I can't pack them up as I probably should not have this in my rom as it is. I contract at MS and could probably be accused of things if I was to pack up a distro like that. Like I said, I am probably pushing it as it is just having "hacked it" out out of stuff from the boards and putting it in the Rom, I just really find it useful. My only justification is that anyone on here could infact extract the same bits and import the reg info (agian posted on the board) and do the same thing. I don’t have access to any of the WM code, but I cant chance my job, Sorry.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

saridnour is a n00b
slypher:
Download and install this patch I created. It will fix your issues with pimag and poutlook. See first post for details.

htp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....3x+_r2_Fix.cab

I will get these in an r3 at a later date.

-saridnour
Old 02-07-2007, 11:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
saridnour: if you could make the same ROM as this one, just with Poutlook working, that would be fantastic! i have not gotten around to installing imageer yet, but that doesn't concern me nearly as much as poutlook.

Good luck!

-s

EDIT: LOL I didnt refresh the page before I posted! Thanks for the update...i'm installing now!
Old 02-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

maback is a n00b
Excel

Was Excel removed from the Rom? I can't find it!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

saridnour is a n00b
maback: PPT and Excel was removed form the ROM. I was planning to add it back in on the next release as there is enought spece for it. If you really need it, I could probably get the files in a cab for you to install.

-saridnour
Old 02-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

maback is a n00b
Yes please, I only need Excel.

Everything else is working perfectly!

Thanks for your effort!!!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

saridnour is a n00b
maback: I will get you a cab tonight. It won't install the app for say, just copy in the missing bits. Nothing fancy, but should do the job.

-saridnour

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache