PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2007, 12:32 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Buy Helmi_c a 6700?

Folks - I'm a long time lurker and have only posted a few times. My background is embedded systems, assembly language, device drivers, OS dev, real-time data acq, etc... But, I don't have the time to get into this stuff the way I would LOVE too.

I am VERY impressed with all the custom ROMs I see here, and the number of people doing them. Software done the way it should be done - passionate people sharing their work.

If I were to do one, my 'dream ROM' would be kitchen-based, 3.5, VERY modular, with a library of packages. I'd like a clean package that I can customize. I'd prefer not to have one that has every freeware app but the kitchen sink (pun partly intentional) in it.

Helmi has done an outstanding job with 3.3 without even having the hardware!

If someone would like to coordinate a collection and buy Helmi a 6700 to give us a working 3.5 kitchen, I'll kick in the first $100 via PayPal.

(If I've 'broken protocol' or somehow offended anyone with this post, it's unintentional, and I apologize in advance.)
Old 02-01-2007, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jds580s is just getting started
I have a friend who has one to sell. I doubt he would be asking much over $100. I'll find out tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800

Hellion is a n00b
Kool. I'll keep checking in on this post and see whats up. I'd for sure give a little something!
Old 02-01-2007, 03:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

technole is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion
Kool. I'll keep checking in on this post and see whats up. I'd for sure give a little something!
Ditto. I'd be more than willing to pitch in to get him to get 3.5 up
Old 02-01-2007, 04:05 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
a member got 3.5 working here sure a working version for everyone will be posted soon. u know u would have to ship overseas....but hey if yall want to feel free to do as you please.
~Mike

Old 02-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Now if only that someone had crossbow to look into
Old 02-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
didn't won't to spoil anyones fun.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:32 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I think Helmi's handed the kitchen off to us, so we can support ourselves.

ImCoKeMaN has been going like a banshee on the Kitchen, so looks like the torch has been passed successfully

And I bet wide's itching to get back in too - if he ever unpacks after his move
Old 02-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Founder & Owner

yea I'm ready to jump back in myself and come time, it will happen. my goals have slighty changed to improving the site instead of the apache right now. like u said we have now got some good ppl on the case and I think everyones thirst for knowledge right now.
~Mike
Old 02-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Android
Carrier: Telkomsel

helmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuff
Re: Buy Helmi_c a 6700?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
a member got 3.5 working here sure a working version for everyone will be posted soon. u know u would have to ship overseas....but hey if yall want to feel free to do as you please.
~Mike
yes... ship overseas..lol...

btw mike, everyone without do nothing with the AKU3.3 kitchen should be able to use AKU3.5 OS & LOC without doin anything, just replace AKU3.3 OS & LOC with the AKU3.5 one createos and then createrom, there u'll hv a bootable Apache AKU3.5 device...

The real problem with porting new OS or other OS to other device is make the OS bootable to that device first... well I've successfully made the device to boot with AKU3.5 (my kitchen) so the hard thing is finish...now we only need to find what OEM or Drivers that didnt compatible with AKU3.5, I'm having problem becouse I dont hv the device, thats why I've chalange user on the other thread to use AKU3.5...

for starting, u might check my next post..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache