PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2007, 03:09 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
If you buy a Verizon (XV6700) then you don't need to worry about the MSL--it will be 000000.

If Sprint, it's still possible to read the MSL with diag drivers and bitpim.

So if you can get an unactivatable 6700 for cheap then I say go for it. It's not like Helmi can use the phone service anyway (at least I don't think he lives in Asia or Oceania).

And you can usually do it with a clear conscience too... many (most?) blacklisted phones weren't lost/stolen at all. They were simply on accounts where the person ported to another carrier or stopped paying for their phone service, leaving an unpaid bill with the carrier.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:49 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoKeMaN
I've been working on this AKU 3.5 and have it down to about one file and it's associated reg entries causing the problems. If they are included it locks up all the time and if they are not included the USB doesn't work (activesync or file transfer). This part will take more detailed troubleshooting i think, but i'm working on it and will get it posted as a custom kitchen once it's all ready.
Any chance dropping the same file/settings in from AKU3.3 will work?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Not that simple as i've tried that, but you can take a look for yourself now. i posted the pre-release of the 3.5 ROM kitchen on the FTP see my other thread
Old 02-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm 700wx

BakCompat is a n00b
I've added ImCoKeMaN's 3.3 rom to the ftp for those who want to use it. I'll add some more to the ftp throughout the day. I'm going to take a look at 3.5 here shortly as work permits.. Kudos to those in the hacking scene as usual.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jds580s is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds580s
I have a friend who has one to sell. I doubt he would be asking much over $100. I'll find out tomorrow.
Sorry he said it's spoken for, but if that fall through he will let me know.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Android
Carrier: Telkomsel

helmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuff
Quote:
I've been working on this AKU 3.5 and have it down to about one file and it's associated reg entries causing the problems. If they are included it locks up all the time and if they are not included the USB doesn't work (activesync or file transfer). This part will take more detailed troubleshooting i think, but i'm working on it and will get it posted as a custom kitchen once it's all ready.
do you mind tell others what 1 file and its associated reg entries? I dont thing modify some part are not a hard job, the hard one is to create the kitchen...

and little pain is to find one causing the problem and U say u've found it...maybe some other will also learn to play with aku3.5 from the ground/original work?...

so user might nodify the current rom/kitchen themself with ur fix, in this way they will respect for the true maker of the rom/kitchen and not grab others work and name it with their with just slight modification/fix.

so user will not steal the original maker hard work and credit...
Old 02-03-2007, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pgdeaner is a n00b
Windiff

Well, a quick windiff on the imacokeman 3.3 vs 3.5 compilations of helmi's kichen looks like this:

Missing
oem\clearview241
oem\netcf2
oem\smartdial

Different
oem\mouhid.dll\initflashfiles.txt (P&V fix?)
oem\ms2_usbfn.dll\8e3a9e20-....rgu is more recent
oem\rssi_icons.dll\2fcd7939-....rgu is more recent.

Perhaps there is a 3.5 compatible usb.dll in another build somewhere.

Maybe the Hima or BA devices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmi_c
Quote:
do you mind tell others what 1 file and its associated reg entries? I dont thing modify some part are not a hard job, the hard one is to create the kitchen...

and little pain is to find one causing the problem and U say u've found it...maybe some other will also learn to play with aku3.5 from the ground/original work?...

so user might nodify the current rom/kitchen themself with ur fix, in this way they will respect for the true maker of the rom/kitchen and not grab others work and name it with their with just slight modification/fix.

so user will not steal the original maker hard work and credit...
Old 02-04-2007, 12:43 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada
Threadstarter

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
a member got 3.5 working here sure a working version for everyone will be posted soon. u know u would have to ship overseas....but hey if yall want to feel free to do as you please.
~Mike
After seeing all the responses to this thread and reading the last couple of days worth of other threads, I am quite pleased that my offer appears not to be necessary!
Old 02-04-2007, 12:48 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada
Threadstarter

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Buy Helmi_c a 6700?

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmi_c

hey, thanks willysp, for the idea... My intention is never money oriented... but thanks for the idea... really appreciate it... thanks

Nice to hv other device to mess up with, but I'll keep try to help others who need my help even without the device with me...
Helmi - yes, my thought was not about giving you money, but rather another tool for your toolbox. But it looks like the bright people here, with your gracious support, are making great progress.

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

The_Omni is a n00b
Hey I think the idea of getting Helmi a PPC6700 is still a great idea, as it would a be a small reward for him doing the work for us, and it would help him by having one to hack against.

The 6700 is still a great device to have just by virtue of the WiFi and he might actually be able to use it occasionally.

I am down for $20.00 paypal towards the purchase of a used one.

My only restriction is that it be a decent 6700 (meaning fully functional - not necessarily registerable on Sprint as helmi doesn't need that). If we can get one with a few accessories as well that would be good.

Maybe Wideawake or another trusted member can collect the donations and make a deal/send it to Helmi.

The_Omni

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache