PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2007, 12:32 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Buy Helmi_c a 6700?

Folks - I'm a long time lurker and have only posted a few times. My background is embedded systems, assembly language, device drivers, OS dev, real-time data acq, etc... But, I don't have the time to get into this stuff the way I would LOVE too.

I am VERY impressed with all the custom ROMs I see here, and the number of people doing them. Software done the way it should be done - passionate people sharing their work.

If I were to do one, my 'dream ROM' would be kitchen-based, 3.5, VERY modular, with a library of packages. I'd like a clean package that I can customize. I'd prefer not to have one that has every freeware app but the kitchen sink (pun partly intentional) in it.

Helmi has done an outstanding job with 3.3 without even having the hardware!

If someone would like to coordinate a collection and buy Helmi a 6700 to give us a working 3.5 kitchen, I'll kick in the first $100 via PayPal.

(If I've 'broken protocol' or somehow offended anyone with this post, it's unintentional, and I apologize in advance.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache