PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finster869
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus
On a different note, I used a phone profile switching program (found here) and it does not seem to work with 3.3. Basically what happens is on soft reset, the today screen does not load any plugins. I have posted in the program's forums, but since this is a cooked ROM, I realize there might be things the author does not know about. Any ideas?
I had the same problem with that app. with my cooked rom. It totally messed up my bluetooth to hte point that I was unable to turn bluetooth on and off via comm manager (it would say it was off, but the blue light kept flashing). Uninstalling the program did not fix. I ended up hard resetting and did not reinstall the program.
I'm not convinced this is a problem with that app. I am having this issue with my cooked ROM and I haven't installed any phone profiles app. I am trying to track this down to see if it's a program I'm installing or not, but I'm basically cooking Helmi's rom with the necessary fixes (Pics&Vids, .NET CF2, and a few other reg edits), and something is definitely not turning out right. My BT screen takes forever to load, and it always says it's not on when it is.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

technole is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj
Quote:
Originally Posted by technole
It stays pretty low at 44mA until I turn on DirectPush or just connect to EVDO then it stays at an average 371mA, it never goes any lower then 349 while connected. Is the data doing something I don't know? I even closed all the apps and activesync.
Yep. that's not right. Your non-network power level is fine, but something is accessing/keeping your EVDO link up and running, which it should not do - you can only go about 3-4 hours like that

Try this very nice task viewer: http://buzzdev.net/index.php?option=...7,15027,page=1
You want version 2.7 http://buzzdev.net/index.php?option=...le,27,file=228

You'd be looking for somethng odd running all the time (its going to be something running in the background that you can't see with the normal "Running Programs" control panel) - perhaps a pocket msn app (pmsn) - at any rate you should be able to view a process list, and sort by cpu usage, and see which process(es) are using CPU when you turn on EVDO.
Ran that, nothing out of the ordinary in terms of CPU usage when EVDO is on nor anything strange loaded. Its sporadic when my phone uses up more juice, and the battery gets quite warm. But I have a feeling its the phone itself. I had replaced the battery a few weeks ago as it would no longer hold a charge.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:54 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Are you using xcpuscalar or anything like it?
Old 01-31-2007, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

technole is a n00b
Quote:
Are you using xcpuscalar or anything like it?
nope. i even did a hard reset. Still same problems.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

flash13 is a n00b
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It stays pretty low at 44mA until I turn on DirectPush or just connect to EVDO then it stays at an average 371mA, it never goes any lower then 349 while connected. Is the data doing something I don't know? I even closed all the apps and activesync.
Yep. that's not right. Your non-network power level is fine, but something is accessing/keeping your EVDO link up and running, which it should not do - you can only go about 3-4 hours like that

Try this very nice task viewer: http://buzzdev.net/index.php?option=...7,15027,page=1

You'd be looking for somethng odd running all the time (its going to be something running in the background that you can't see with the normal "Running Programs" control panel) - perhaps a pocket msn app (pmsn) - at any rate you should be able to view a process list, and sort by cpu usage, and see which process(es) are using CPU when you turn on EVDO.
Ran that, nothing out of the ordinary in terms of CPU usage when EVDO is on nor anything strange loaded. Its sporadic when my phone uses up more juice, and the battery gets quite warm. But I have a feeling its the phone itself. I had replaced the battery a few weeks ago as it would no longer hold a charge.
I had a similar issue, serious battery drain with nothing running. I went back to 2.2 until something is figured out. I'm suspicious of the EVDO connection staying active instead of going dormant like it should. At least that's my guess.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

technole is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash13
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I had a similar issue, serious battery drain with nothing running. I went back to 2.2 until something is figured out. I'm suspicious of the EVDO connection staying active instead of going dormant like it should. At least that's my guess.
I'm going back to the Verizon 2.2 to see if the drain still occurs. I'll keep ya updated!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:59 PM
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
What version of the Radio firmware are you running, and are you verizon or sprint?

It's *not* the 3.3 rom, because if it were, everyone would have this problem. My battery life is actually better under 3.3 vs 2.2 vs 2.0 Sprint.

It could be 3.3 w/ specific radio firmwares, or 3.3 on specific revs of the 6700, or carriers, or phases of the moon, or whatever. But it's not a blanket 3.3 issue - not unlinke the disappearing SDCard

Let us know how it goes w/2.2, and if you can post the radio firmware rev, and which carrier you are using.

EVDO active 100% of the time can only happen if something is sending data 100% of the time, or just often enough to keep it alive (which is fairly often, like every minute or so) - that would keep CPU running higher that 100mhz, and keep the radio powered up, and that yields horrible battery life. But something has to be running for that to happen, or your radio firmware is interacting badly with the OS...
Old 01-31-2007, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

flash13 is a n00b
Quote:
What version of the Radio firmware are you running, and are you verizon or sprint?

It's *not* the 3.3 rom, because if it were, everyone would have this problem. My battery life is actually better under 3.3 vs 2.2 vs 2.0 Sprint.

It could be 3.3 w/ specific radio firmwares, or 3.3 on specific revs of the 6700, or carriers, or phases of the moon, or whatever. But it's not a blanket 3.3 issue - not unlinke the disappearing SDCard

Let us know how it goes w/2.2, and if you can post the radio firmware rev, and which carrier you are using.

EVDO active 100% of the time can only happen if something is sending data 100% of the time, or just often enough to keep it alive (which is fairly often, like every minute or so) - that would keep CPU running higher that 100mhz, and keep the radio powered up, and that yields horrible battery life. But something has to be running for that to happen, or your radio firmware is interacting badly with the OS...
My carrier is Alltel (so I'm the odd duck out) - I made sure to NOT flash the radio when I went to 3.3. Here's my current information:
ROM Version: 2.11.20 WWE
Radio Version: 1.15.00
ExtROM version: 2.11.711 WWE
PRL Version: 30005

Let me know if you need any additional information to help troubleshoot.
Since going back to 2.2 things appear to be back to normal.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:47 PM
morsus mihi

Poo - ok, its possible that it's something the Alltel extended rom installs (do you know what it installs when you hard-boot? Can you soft-reset after a hard-boot, and does that avoid all alltell installs?

It's something to consider - we had a problem with the sprint extended rom "patching" files in the OS (actually, just copying in new dlls) which was good when you were patching AKU2.x, but was a bad idea when patching AKU3.3 (that was the missing card error - or at least a big part of it.)

Anyway, if you feel like trying a few more things - and I understand if you don't - and know what I am talking about on the hard-reset-but-no-carrier-extended-rom-cab-installs move, it would help if you could do that and see if it still wonks out. If it does *not* we at least know that there is some issue with Alltel's extended rom additions with AKU 3.3

Since it goes back to normal for 2.2, I am hoping this is it, actually. Would be nice to know.

(Bonus points if you can get the contents of your extended_rom, and post the list of cabs it installs)
Old 01-31-2007, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

technole is a n00b
Quote:

I have Verizon - radio 1.10, which looks to me as the latest. I don't think its a blanket issue, perhaps something in the extended rom. I'll test 2.2 without charging for a little bit, take a look at a few things and if successful i will probably re-flash to 3.3 w/o extended to look closer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache