PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2007, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesWilkey View Post
Using B5 I've noticed that the dialer does not launch EPST when the codes are entered. I can run it via a homegrown lnk file. For example, entering ##778# on the dialer should pop up the ePST applet, it doesn't.
That's because this is a generic release, they do not have any customizations as far as carriers go. VZW and SPCS build 5 will be released as soon as my high speed internet is back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx045 View Post
Well as far as that portrait to landscape switching, I just loaded the 0.7 kitchen back to my phone again and its pretty fast, there must be a program(or two) that really slows it down, I sort of bareboned this time as far as the optional programs go.

One other thing- when I txf files to the phone from the computer, the transfer bar will stop at like 80% and the phone will disconnect. This happens when txf like an mp3 or something when using WM6, In WM5 its fine and I can txf large files without a hitch....(Advanced usb check box unchecked)
Huh, I don't know. A lot of people have been mentioning the slow landscape switching though. As far as the last part of your post... I will have to look into that a little.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Kreigz is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Kreigz
This is a problem I experience without fail ... and I'm still running Helmi's original VZW ROM.

This problem only occurs for me when I have the Advanced USB Networking box unchecked. Oddly enough, that is the only way I can get the phone to connect to my main desktop PC which is running Vista Ultimate and using Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1. If I check the Advanced Network box, the phone tries to connect, but never completes.

I generally use Bluetooth to connect to my Vista machine. Files always transfer fine ... slower, but fine. The problem with Bluetooth Sync'ing is Windows Media Player won't see my storage card in the XV6700 for sync'ing my music and recorded TV.

To connect to my laptop, I use ActivSync 4.5 which very rarely fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx045 View Post
One other thing- when I txf files to the phone from the computer, the transfer bar will stop at like 80% and the phone will disconnect. This happens when txf like an mp3 or something when using WM6, In WM5 its fine and I can txf large files without a hitch....(Advanced usb check box unchecked)
Old 10-31-2007, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4
Carrier: Sprint

daveedem is just getting started
Anyone having a problem with battery life? I've done some searching and it appears to be pretty prevalent with Helmi's WM6. Since this ROM is based on that original build, it's probably there too.

I can't pin it to any thing and there are probably a million reasons why... just wanted to see if anyone else was having the issue.

I've seen some posts where radio 1.43 makes it worse.

I know I can be on a BT call and the battery drops pretty fast.

Also a sort of related issue... anyone have instances where the battery shows as not there and requires a hard reset to get the device to recognize there's a battery there? I don't think this is WM6 related.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

rxb216 is just getting started
i also use vista ultimate and mobile device center. it does not always connect via usb (when Advanced USB Networking box is checked), but i always connect without fail via BT. For USB ossiues, I usually either soft rest once, or just re-cradle, and then i can sync/connect just fine (when Advanced USB Networking box is checked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigz View Post
This is a problem I experience without fail ... and I'm still running Helmi's original VZW ROM.

This problem only occurs for me when I have the Advanced USB Networking box unchecked. Oddly enough, that is the only way I can get the phone to connect to my main desktop PC which is running Vista Ultimate and using Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1. If I check the Advanced Network box, the phone tries to connect, but never completes.

I generally use Bluetooth to connect to my Vista machine. Files always transfer fine ... slower, but fine. The problem with Bluetooth Sync'ing is Windows Media Player won't see my storage card in the XV6700 for sync'ing my music and recorded TV.

To connect to my laptop, I use ActivSync 4.5 which very rarely fails.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Kreigz is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Kreigz
Geez, you're a lot luckier than I have been. USB with the Advanced Networking box checked ... I might be able to connect 1 time out of 30. It got to the point I only even tried if my day was going well and I needed to bring myself done a few pegs.

What ROM are you using? I"m still on Helmi's original WM6 for the Apache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxb216 View Post
i also use vista ultimate and mobile device center. it does not always connect via usb (when Advanced USB Networking box is checked), but i always connect without fail via BT. For USB ossiues, I usually either soft rest once, or just re-cradle, and then i can sync/connect just fine (when Advanced USB Networking box is checked)
Old 11-01-2007, 12:15 PM
N00b

bmx045 is a n00b
when the phone is plugged in, run windows update, it will detect the device and get the latest windows drivers for you, and for mobile device center.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2

sfetaz is just getting started
I just installed this version of WM6 and notice the wireless manager is not the same black vertical manager but a gray manager that has only 3 options. Is there a way to get the HTC Wireless manager on the phone?
Old 11-01-2007, 06:37 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfetaz View Post
I just installed this version of WM6 and notice the wireless manager is not the same black vertical manager but a gray manager that has only 3 options. Is there a way to get the HTC Wireless manager on the phone?
If you are referring to the new 10-button manager (dark gray) that controls all the radios, then you are close. They are both there. The one you are looking for is called the CommManager. The one with just three vertical "buttons" is some remnant that I don't think many people use but somehow shows up once in a while.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

cakek is a n00b
Typing corrections not working

Just installed the WM6 No Junk version 5 and everything seems to be ok, except that when I’m typing on the keyboard words that are hyphenated (such as can’t, I’m, you’re, etc.) WM6 is not correcting and adding the hyphen where it needs to be. Also, when I just put in the letter "I", it will not capitlize it. Is it because DictEdit was removed? If so, where can I find it and where would it get installed in the ROM?

The only other issue I have is the ringer volume. It is much lower than 3.5. Tried the hacks and nothing.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
i've been on v5 for 3 days now. the first day things were fine, things were speedy and it moved at a nice clip.

Increasingly I'm noticing more lag, not just with portrait to landscape, but it will hang on an app both in opening and closing more than i've experienced in the past.

Also looks like i've lost word suggestion and autocomplete for typing and dont know where to start getting that back.

And finally, when my phone goes to sleep it has a penchant for not waking up when the power button is pressed. if i want to wake my phone up after more than say 4-5 minutes of being off, the only way now is soft reset... that irks me.

I'm patient with these things, we're on the bleeding edge and so this is deservedly what we get sometimes, but if anybody has suggestions i'm wide open in the end zone.

Great work Rob, Thx

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development