PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It's not that people want a cooked rom vs the kitchen, it's that they want whatever is the least effort for a satisfactory result. My comment wasn't that pre-fab roms will go away, but that the mechanism of distributing pre-fab roms will become one of distributing config files for the kitchen instead of the actual ROM file - mainly because it won't be long before that's "the least effort" for both the rom-maker and the end-user. You'll still have pre-configed roms, you'll just find them in the kitchen instead of scouring the web.

It wasn't a moderator who said you had narrow vision, rxb216.

BTW, most kitchen users don't tweak the hell out of their device. I don't tweak my device at all. From the sounds of it, I've probably flashed my phone fewer times than you guys (I'm up to twice now - once to try some new apps, once to get rid of the ones I didn't like).
Old 01-18-2008, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
My there are some sensitive people here.

The original post was so full of wide-eyed awe and pandering as to be easily associated with cult-like behaviour. If you didn't recognize how over the top the original post was, you need to put down the Kool-Aid.

Explain how I threw Rob under the bus. I don't see it.

JTSV - Why would anyone care what your name is?

BTW, no one get's upset when questions get posted about C&S roms. You get pushed back to the ROM developer because that's where you are going to get an answer - no on else want's to take the time to figure out what the developer has modified when the developer already knows what he modified. Furthermore, the developer needs to be aware of any issues so he might fix them for his next ROM. The developers thread is also the best place to look for a solution by other users.
gguru,

I just thought I would let you know that I meant no offense by my previous post, but as you can see I am becoming quite irritated. You know as well as I do the multiple instances in which I have fallen nothing short of praising the kitchen as well as your hard work. However, I was under the impression that we settled this some time ago, and things were going well. You have been a great help on this thread as well as many others, but recently I have been reading through the last couple week’s worth of posts and noticed that you are so persistent with getting people to use the kitchen. You are not offering help to people that request it that use my little twist of this ROM, you are in my opinion "spamming" this thread in regards to the kitchen.
I do this stuff for fun, and I have fun doing it. I love the kitchen and in some instances derive my base ROM from it, sometime not. Regardless, this is a free community and they all have free minds. I really love helping these people that use something that I once thought to be a personal preference of mine, and now a personal favorite of many. I go out of my way to help out on this bulletin board and via private email right to my personal gmail inbox. I realize that I am going off track slightly with this, however my point is that all this ROM stuff is not a contest or a race, ect. It's all about what people enjoy and feel comfortable with. I'm definitely here to help and I will be for a while. I hope in saying this that you can humble yourself and help others because they need help, regardless of what they are running on their device. Just please, if you are going to post here, help out... don't re-direct.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

seang is keeping up the good workseang is keeping up the good work
seems like the kirvin saga.

"person A" does something cool, "person B" decides to get panties in a wad, "person A" withdraws cool stuff, and community is hurt.

btw, i was really looking forward to the next release.

Last edited by seang; 01-18-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Sergio is a n00b
That's it! We need to settle this on the runway. It's a walk-off!!

<whisper> I have your back Rob </whisper>

Z-Quotes
Old 01-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work
I'm definitely hoping for the next version too!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Audiovox PPC XV6700

GoatDweller is a n00b
Quote:
My there are some sensitive people here.
So, now people who may share a different view than yours are "labeled" sensitive? This isn't the first time YOU have labeled people or have condescended. This isn't a Helmi's Kitchen VS Rob issue! get this straight....Creating or in this case tweaking someone else's original work to satisfy the many users who seek stability and functionality are at the heart of any tweaker's work, lest we not forget this Rom, or any Rom not actually produced by the official cert holders is technically illegal...

Quote:
The original post was so full of wide-eyed awe and pandering as to be easily associated with cult-like behaviour. If you didn't recognize how over the top the original post was, you need to put down the Kool-Aid.
Good lord. Praising the accomplishment of anyone's hard work isn't over the top. What I can't stand is someone who feels the need to overcompensate, and in a negative way bash someone's opinions or views? These users are the very same that want the help (I'm one of them) yet you have a twisted sense of realism. No one asked for your opinion of these users that need to put down the crack, I mean kool-aide as you called it.

Quote:
Explain how I threw Rob under the bus. I don't see it.
Of course you don't see it. I haven't even downloaded his version yet and even I can see the vast support for Rob's Rom. You seem to think you created this Rom and to a small degree your work achieved what many considered a marvel, are they drinking Kool-aide too? This Kitchen is basically pieced together, that any user can customize...Pieced together. Creation involves actually producing something original, your team produced something innovative, but cannot ever be called Original. I am not saying Rob's Rom is, so don't turn this into a VS discussion. I humbly bow to you and the teams efforts that were utilized to put together the awesome software many currently use here. I am also aware of the bootloader issue you raised via chat and while I don't agree with what Rob did -he did take the link down to accommodate the team.

Quote:
JTSV - Why would anyone care what your name is?
Shouldn't you care? So by your ignorant post here I can see anyone, who praises the work of another, who used part of the Kitchen created by your team, and make a more OEM Rom, as opposed of the end user doing it him or herself is insignificant, nice. I see.

Quote:
BTW, no one get's upset when questions get posted about C&S roms. You get pushed back to the ROM developer because that's where you are going to get an answer - no on else want's to take the time to figure out what the developer has modified when the developer already knows what he modified. Furthermore, the developer needs to be aware of any issues so he might fix them for his next ROM. The developers thread is also the best place to look for a solution by other users.
If you can't see the problem with your post, then you won't have solution for it either.

-By putting "Rob Mayer" on his Rom people will by default go to ask him for trouble shooting/errors. This is where you are from what I have seen the most weak at. I ask for help, not even your help in another thread and you redirect me to the appropriate thread, then you had the audacity to tell me what I saw on my own computer screen didn't actually happen, so I guess I am drinking the same flavor Kool-aide as the rest of the crazies=D>

You seem like a nice person, but you pick and choose who you wish to give your customer service to. well, I have news for you, augmenting already created programs and incorporating them into a "Kitchen" means people will F up, people will need assistance....

Last edited by GoatDweller; 01-18-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Sorry Rob - I wasn't trying to spam your thread. I made 2 posts before things got out of hand; the first wasn't received in the manner it was offered, and the other was an answer to a direct question about the kitchen. Sorry my humor in the first post hit a nerve.

Seang - you're right, it is like the Kirvin saga, but your analysis is wrong. It's: person A makes cool, revolutionary shit; person B re-releases person A's work; person C praises person B for bringing light to the world; person D points out it was A that brought light to the world; then group E and person B get their panties in a wad. Which is odd, because the people with the most interest in everyone playing nice are the group E people.

Anyway, Rob's right - this really is cluttering his thread, so if anyone wants to continue this, please start a new thread.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Deep Thinker

Oh please. Goat Dweller, you don't have a clue what you're even talking about. Sometimes it really is better to not open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Oh - and the audacity to say what you said is wrong: yeah, see, I wrote that software. I'm pretty sure that makes me the best authority there is on it. So, unless you care to provide a snapshot and prove my memory wrong (which it is from time to time), I'll stick with you mis-quoted it.

And no, I don't care what anyone's real name is here. Do you?
Old 01-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work
I thought this was moving to a new topic?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

rxb216 is just getting started
i thought so too, but its always interesting to hear how people bash gguru once he opens his mouth.

I've thanked Helmi each time he's updated the kitchen, which has been twice I think for WM6 at least. I've been continually thanking Rob on a weekly basis for helping me get my questions answered whatever they may be. Helmi will get another thank you on next kitchen rev, but no more praise than that.

If you like Rob's rom, you have every right to thank him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman51 View Post
I thought this was moving to a new topic?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development