PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, Titan
Carrier: sprint

tapeworm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have installed this and has worked perfectly with two exceptions. One is the weather tab, it never connects "unable to bla bla bla." And the other issue, is on the today screen the "No new (voicemails/text/sms/etc)" menu, works fine with the exception of the voicemail. When I hit the tab to connect to my voicemail it dials *86, I don't know if thats what its supposed to dial for verizion but I'm running on sprint, and I get a message from the operator saying it doesn't recognize the message. Anyone encountered these problems?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Lurker

jmyler is a n00b
Dude LOVE it, awsome job on everything. I was running the old original version of WM6 and was ready to throw this thing across the room. I think this version fixed all my gripes about the old one. For one, when i click on the messaging button on the home screen the messaging acctually opens!! wow glad to have the transcriber back! when i slide the phone up it acctually switches orientation in a timely manner, thats a huge plus. When i text the phone keeps up with me!! even when the suggestions are turned on. Overall i'm pretty freaking happy.
So here's the "but"..... i miss sodoku!! and yatzee surprisingly enough. i liked the games, and i know that was part of the stripped down version but was wondering if there was a way to get maybe just those two, or i would settle for sodoku.
either way =D> and
Old 11-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
jmyler,
Remember the theme of Robs rom is Clean, No Junk. If you want extra games, you can always download them and install them directly. Googling for [freeware pocket sudoku] turns up a bunch of candidates.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Lurker

jmyler is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
jmyler,
Remember the theme of Robs rom is Clean, No Junk. If you want extra games, you can always download them and install them directly. Googling for [freeware pocket sudoku] turns up a bunch of candidates.
kewl i'll have to try to find one.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:54 PM
N00b

ibedanny is a n00b
I really like this rom... clean and simple. I have just found HTC Home Customizer v0.8b. It requires the HTC Kaiser home plugin. Is there any way to remove HTC Home??? I installed HTC Kaiser and now I'm stuck with two versions of the Htc Plugin. Anyone have any ideas? Rob, Maybe you can cook up a super plain and simple wm6 without the HTC plugin to add in HTC Home Customizer v0.8b later.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:58 PM
N00b

ibedanny is a n00b
If i Use Helmis Kitchen can a create a Rom like yours rob? It seems like you put more into it.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, Titan
Carrier: sprint

tapeworm is a n00b
I installed the Kaiser, then I did a hard reset and it worked!
Old 11-29-2007, 03:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Sergio is a n00b
Talking

Rob, you da bomb! Your no junk in the trunk version rules . Thanks.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapeworm View Post
I installed the Kaiser, then I did a hard reset and it worked!
You must not have hard reset. Hard resetting would remove everything you installed. A soft reset should do what you wanted, though, so I suspect that's what you did.

Last edited by gguruusa; 11-29-2007 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibedanny View Post
If i Use Helmis Kitchen can a create a Rom like yours rob? It seems like you put more into it.
You can build a rom like Rob's. He's moved a few things around, so it'll take some effort to make it exactly like his, but you can get close fairly easily.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development