PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
devel3 is coming in the near future, but i'm still ironing out the dialer issues before posting it for testing. It's a pretty cool update as it eliminates the need to interrupt the customization, includes the fixes for wpa & new office support, etc but I have to fix the dialer issues.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800 - WM6 stock
Carrier: Verizon

bjhanifin is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Anyone else having issues with the phone locking up when a call comes in.
I was having the same problem with my phone. It was intermittent though. I could answer the phone sometimes but it would freeze up other times.

After reinstalling the latest stock Verizon ROM from UTStarcom's site (and downgrading my radio from 1.41 to 1.10), I could no longer make any outgoing calls!!! Anyway, after a few days on the phone with the tech support guys, they sent me a new phone.

I hope your problem doesn't get as bad as mine did. Good luck.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

keschrich is a n00b
Any suggestions on how to improve outgoing bluetooth volume? When calling my voicemail the prompts sounded just fine, but when I recorded a message and played it back it sounded like I was whispering..

I tried adding the MicVolume DWORD key the the registry and setting it at a fairly high value (17), as I had done with WM5, but it seemed to have no effect whatsoever on WM6..
Old 10-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Lurker

neo1982 is a n00b
Just posting up more findings - It seems that the phone is not ringing everytime a call comes in. i watched my phone before as i was expecting a call from my fiance, i saw the phone light up but no ringing, i went into menus and found answer call and there she was. Also - not sure if its related to the build or not (for reference i have added 0 programs to the phone, I only have what came on the rom) but the alarm doesn't repeat ring. It just makes the (sound) once, and ends. hardly wakes me up
Old 10-03-2007, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800

johnjirwin is just getting started
Verizonguy,

Fantastic work... I've been running devel2 since it came out. 3 simple things that I personally would love to see...

1. I use the MS VoiceCommand 1.6 (I have over 2000 contacts on my 6700 so VSD is a dog!) so have no need for the Voice Speed Dial program ....If I don't use it I know it's taking up space. Do other people agree that getting rid of Voice Speed Dial would be helpful in saving space. ....That way people can add it in if they need it...
2. Is this the official WM6 sound theme ...I remember hearing a different sound theme (...for program selection taps there were different cool sounds, etc ...not the typewriter key tap sound we have now) on a different "quasi-version of WM5 that was emulating WM6 themes, etc.
3. I like the VistaHide Battery Gage... I install it at every upgrade but it seems like it's small and simple enough that it could be included in dev3.

Again, Great work and looking forward to devel3 ...I pray before Friday night??? (love to have it before I go on vacation!)

SeaRay Man

Verizon xv6800 - Radio: 3.39.10
No2Chem 5067 - Page Pool 8.85

Major Programs: PocketInformant Beta 8+, eWallet Beta, Pocket Quicken 2.5, Spb Mobile Shell 2.1.0/3363, WkTASK 1.1.7.3
Old 10-03-2007, 10:30 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
I'm getting really jealous. This is great for Verizon users. Any Sprint users that could do something like this? I tried, but didn't get very far.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
I know this might be kind of an insignificant request, but I was wondering if there was any way you could put back the HTC boot logo in devel3? Great work by the way. Thanks verizonguy!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mlcastro is becoming a great contributor
Lock ups and no phone calls

First of all thanks for this mod. It seems to be working *far* better than helmi's.

But I'm also having problems with incoming phone calls as well. I either can't answer them, or the phone locks up.

In addition, I'm having a problem where my screen blanks out every now and then, the only way to fix it is to reset with the keyboard pulled out.

Also, it appears that the hard buttons on my phone are randomly unresponsive.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700 WM6.1

masters is a n00b
I wonder what the chances would be for one of these updates to have a built-in support for SDHC?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo1982 View Post
Just posting up more findings - It seems that the phone is not ringing everytime a call comes in. i watched my phone before as i was expecting a call from my fiance, i saw the phone light up but no ringing, i went into menus and found answer call and there she was. Also - not sure if its related to the build or not (for reference i have added 0 programs to the phone, I only have what came on the rom) but the alarm doesn't repeat ring. It just makes the (sound) once, and ends. hardly wakes me up
I haven't experienced anything like that yet. Maybe try hard resetting or re-flashing.

As for the alarm repeating, by default it doesn't keep repeating, but you can simply change that in the settings.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development