PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 03:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
devel3 now available for testing.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

neo1982 is a n00b
i knew refreshing this page overnight would prove a success! can't wait till i get home

thanks for your hardwork on this.

edit: more optimizations.... is it too early to tell you I love you? hahahahaha

Last edited by neo1982; 10-05-2007 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:38 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Please verizonguy,
If there is any way you would consider doing this for Sprint...
I don't want to hard reset and just go back to the same "old" thing. LOL
Will the old Kitchen work to do anything on the WM6 ROM or are you really doing all of this from scratch?

Peace.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

mmbhm is a n00b
Where is it? Where is it? Pls! Pls

VG - would love to help you test. Where do we download V3? Love your work. Thanks so much for doing this for all of us.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZ6700

ParrotHead is a n00b
Hey VerizonGuy:

I can't wait to get home and try out r3. I have a couple of quick questions:
1. Do we still need to interrupt the installation during the count-down to stop the default vzw configs from taking place?

2. I am unfamilure with *22899; I have usually done a *228 followed by prompt #2; Can you (or someone else) explain the differences better *22899, *228+prompt 1 and *228+prompt 2 ?

3. Like other users, I have many contacts - if I use the PIM BACKUP program prior to your release 3, will I be able to use it after?

Thanks again for all your work!
-PH
Old 10-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

pocassidy is a n00b
Thanks verizonguy, everything is working great!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
keep it up and thank you!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800

johnjirwin is just getting started
*228 is usually ment for regualr cell phones. If you call Verizon Data Support (a higher level of support for smart phones like ours) they tell you to use *22899 which does a few little extra programming steps for us big boys in big boy pants!

I always use *22899 for my xv6700 and treo700W at least monthly. For my wife's razor I used *228 option 2.

Gonna go and load up Delev 3 now!

SeaRay Man

Verizon xv6800 - Radio: 3.39.10
No2Chem 5067 - Page Pool 8.85

Major Programs: PocketInformant Beta 8+, eWallet Beta, Pocket Quicken 2.5, Spb Mobile Shell 2.1.0/3363, WkTASK 1.1.7.3
Old 10-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone that this wouldn't be possible without Helmi's hard work. Please send him a donation when you get a chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Please verizonguy,
If there is any way you would consider doing this for Sprint...
I don't want to hard reset and just go back to the same "old" thing. LOL
Will the old Kitchen work to do anything on the WM6 ROM or are you really doing all of this from scratch?
Peace.
I don't use kitchens. I'm doing this old school. As for sprint, it is unlikely, sorry.
Quote:
VG - would love to help you test. Where do we download V3? Love your work. Thanks so much for doing this for all of us.
Please read the first post of the thread--the link is there.
Quote:
1. Do we still need to interrupt the installation during the count-down to stop the default vzw configs from taking place?
Please read the first post of the thread--no.
Quote:
2. I am unfamilure with *22899; I have usually done a *228 followed by prompt #2; Can you (or someone else) explain the differences better *22899, *228+prompt 1 and *228+prompt 2 ?
*228 has 2 options. Option 1 programs the phone with your information OTA (over the air). Option 2 updates your PRL (preferred roaming list). *22899 is used by cell techs. It automatically does both options 1 & 2 without interaction from you.
Quote:
3. Like other users, I have many contacts - if I use the PIM BACKUP program prior to your release 3, will I be able to use it after?
That should be fine, but I recommend syncing with your pc also, as that should keep a copy in your outlook profile too.
Quote:
Thanks verizonguy, everything is working great!
Good to hear.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2

sfetaz is just getting started
Thank you for this wonderful work...its making my phone more enjoyable. I want to do every upgrade that comes out to test however I prefer not to have to reconfigure and reinstall again and again. is there a way to backup the entire ppc settings including installed programs, htc home setup, ringtones for contacts, etc etc and then restore all of it after the hard reset without losing the new features put in by the new version which at the moment is 3?

EDIT: Here are my current issues I notice

-Sometimes in a call, the phone totally freezes except for the call itself. I can hear the person and speak to them, but the timer and interface is 100% frozen. No choice but to soft reset. Happened a few times. Its possible this is related to something else, I will investigate, but wanted to mention it.

-I have a single text message from a friend that is bold still, after reading it. I cannot mark this message as read, I cannot move it, I cannot delete it. I just stays there looking new with no way to get rid of it. My today screen does say I have no unread messages though.

-My voicemail indicator has not gone away at all. Every soft reset, the phone pops up there is a new voicemail, when there is no new voicemail. The notification icon on the top stays, when I click it, it says I have one new voice mail, however like I said I do not.

Last edited by sfetaz; 10-05-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development