PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Schwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Shoot.... that simple?!? I'm loosing my kung-fu.

Worked.... but this ROM seems slower than the last revision (which by the way started freezing up on my the past few days... and thta's with HTC HOME, weather deactivated)

Gervy
Hard Reset THE DEVICE and redo the ROM, And Immediately after reset again. I had the same problem did that and no problems now.....
Old 10-08-2007, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

tr2518 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Ok I have now done some more testing...

I re-did the ROM and now am running devel3 with nothing else. The Wifi works perfectly. The only difference between now and what I had several hours ago is that I also had the 3 VC 1.6 fixes for WM6 installed. I am beginning to suspect that one of them is breaking the Wifi. Has anyone tested VC 1.6 with devel3 and the 3 VC fixes (Voicemd Apache Fix, LennySh Voice Command WM6, and IDTransferV11)? Do I need these to get VC 1.6 to work properly in devel3?

Thanks,
Steve
I loaded devel3 and then installed VC 1.6 and I have had no problems. WiFi and VC work fine with no other changes or additions.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
get ready for a major update that you dirty bastages will love Uploading now...
Old 10-08-2007, 06:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Its not just installing VC. If you just install VC then you will not get incoming announcements in your Bluetooth headset. The 3 fixes allow this to happen. What I did find is that you should activate Wifi before installing VC and the fixes. Somehow this keeps Wifi operating after VC and the fixes are installed.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 10-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Upload complete. Go grab it. Changes listed in initial post with download link.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
Upload complete. Go grab it. Changes listed in initial post with download link.

Removed more extraneous non-stock applications moving closer toward a plain vanilla release.
Which are/were?
Old 10-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbryan View Post
Which are/were?
flash it and find out lol. Some games, etc. I'm moving toward making this as plain vanilla as possible to make the most space available.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Smile Devel4

I have just flashed my 6700 with devel4 and things look good so far. I have also gotten Wifi and the VC 1.6 stuff working peacefully together.

Stupid question but is there a way to lock the Extended ROM2 again so it permanently does not show up again after a flash? I know how to change the reg entry but wondered if there is something more permanent.

Will look at SDHC and Office 2007 support tomorrow.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 10-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
I have just flashed my 6700 with devel4 and things look good so far. I have also gotten Wifi and the VC 1.6 stuff working peacefully together.

Stupid question but is there a way to lock the Extended ROM2 again so it permanently does not show up again after a flash? I know how to change the reg entry but wondered if there is something more permanent.

Will look at SDHC and Office 2007 support tomorrow.

Thanks,
Steve
I may hide it by default in the rom. The unlocker/unhider is included in the Programs section so people can easily toggle it back to visible.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work
Currently running Helmi WM6 with Verizonguy devel 3. Much thanks to all, especialy Helmi and Verizonguy, but also many others willing to share knowledge and experience. I did not know what a cooked ROM or a Kitchen was about 2000 posts readings and a few days ago. This is my first flash of a custom RoM. All seems smooth as long as HTC Home is unchecked from Today screen. I do have some need to click some newly opened screens twice before the click "takes."
My question: Can I run Spb Backup from version 3 onto a new flash of version 4? I am not clear on how much of a backup the "system" portion actually captures and saves. Also I understand and fear the concept of "brick." But having a blast with this.
Thanks again. Cooked ROMs rock!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development