PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Helmi Apache WM6 verizonguy edition (early devel) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8722)

verizonguy 09-29-2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo1982 (Post 94231)
Short time reader - first time poster!

just thought I'd throw a few pennies in here. I went from stock xv6700 to this alpha 2 build from verizonguy (which btw - instructions were easy and install perfect) - funny enough, i had a reason today to call 911 from my vehicle.

What I found is that placing the 911 call and everything was perfectly fine. went right through conversation took place and hung up. However, what i noticed was that after this phone call, I could no longer place other calls. I went to call my fiance after 911 and found the phone would say "connecting...." then simply stop. I attempted to call a few numbers, but the phone would never get to the "ringing" stage (or even when the timer would start for a phone call). A soft reset later the phone was working again.

hope this helps out. (Not sure if it matters, radio was version 1.41)

odd, i reported a drunk driver running it without any problems. Still working on dialer/canvas right now, so this is far from the final version of the dialpad.

verizonguy 09-29-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gervy (Post 94130)
I thought according to Helmi's WM6, it leaves the EXT. ROM alone, and you just need to manually delete everything in there.

The download in the first post only includes the Windows CE rom, no ext_rom & no radio. They will be bundled in a later version.

darufryda5 10-01-2007 11:13 AM

so far i have had no problems with the new rom running it on verizons xv6700

Gervy 10-01-2007 03:27 PM

Lock-ups

Anyone else having issues with the phone locking up when a call comes in. I can't answer it, (either with the green phone button, or the soft-key for ANSWER).

Strangely enough, I had this issue all the time with an older phone (also a 6700) running WM5. When I got a new phone under warranty (for another issue) the problem went away. I ran the 3.5AKU for a while, then Helmi's WM6, then Verizonguy's. Been fine up until the other day, when this issue popped back up.

Not running any other software not included in ROM.

Any one else?

Gervy

fitbryan 10-01-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gervy (Post 94981)
Anyone else having issues with the phone locking up when a call comes in. I can't answer it, (either with the green phone button, or the soft-key for ANSWER).

Strangely enough, I had this issue all the time with an older phone (also a 6700) running WM5. When I got a new phone under warranty (for another issue) the problem went away. I ran the 3.5AKU for a while, then Helmi's WM6, then Verizonguy's. Been fine up until the other day, when this issue popped back up.

Any one else?

Gervy

I had that alot in older versions of other ROM's. Never had a single issue of it with WM6. Are you using intellisync, or activesync/push etc? data connection? need more specifics.

froader 10-02-2007 03:33 AM

feedback

I've been using this rom for a couple days now. compared to the Helmi_c release it is an improvement. more avail storage = no lockups. Also the battery life is double. seems a whole day now on a charge vs 1/2 - 3/4 day. I installed the wifi psk fix and it works great.

The only thing I would like to change is - it always returns to the today screen, even when manually pushing the power button. Seems to be a wm6 thing and the time out setting doesn't change this. I would love any input on this.

Thanks for a great pre-kitchen ROM!

Gervy 10-02-2007 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Gervy View Post

Any one else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitbryan (Post 95051)
I had that alot in older versions of other ROM's. Never had a single issue of it with WM6. Are you using intellisync, or activesync/push etc? data connection? need more specifics.

Using Vista, it's native Windows Mobile. But it's not always freezing when sync'ed, but also sometimes when it's in my pocket. Running data-connection, but have Exchange push mail set for checking every 15 minutes to save some battery. And typically keep BT off for the same reason.

keschrich 10-02-2007 11:00 AM

I've just updated my XV6700 and have noticed two problems:

1) I can't get into the contacts application. It appears as if it's loading, "Contact" shows up in place of start, the close button appears in the right corner.. However the rest of the screen remains as it was before, and after about a second "Contact" returns to "Start" and the close button disappears.

2) I havn't had a chance to play to much with it, but I cannot seem to sync with Outlook 2k3. I saw a previous comment about this but no solution..

Any thoughts? Thanks a lot all, and especially verizonguy

UPDATE:
Regarding point 1, I've tried installing PocketCM via the cab file on it's site. The install goes fine, however when I try to run it it flashes for a second and then closes.

2, After sitting for a while seemingly doing nothing, ActiveSync reports that there is not enough memory on the device to do the sync and recommends closing programs on the device. I checked the Running Programs section under Memory, and the only thing running is ActiveSync itself..

Could these problems then be related? I'm assuming that my phone has no less memory than anyone else's... Surely ~70 contacts isn't too many to sync!

TMB_XV6700 10-02-2007 11:40 AM

keschrich,

1. Did you hard-reset after flash and interrupt the verizon customizations with a soft reset?

2. Classic symptom of saving email attachments to "storage card" while leaving your extended rom unlocked. If you want to save attachments to storage card, you need to relock the extended rom - there is a simple registry tweak - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=7671&page=119

keschrich 10-02-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 (Post 95377)
1. Did you hard-reset after flash and interrupt the verizon customizations with a soft reset?

Yup..

Quote:

2. Classic symptom of saving email attachments to "storage card" while leaving your extended rom unlocked. If you want to save attachments to storage card, you need to relock the extended rom - there is a simple registry tweak - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=7671&page=119
Actually I'm not even trying to sync email. Furthermore I don't have a minisd card loaded as I typically have used the phone more for calendar and contact info, although I was thinking of picking one up soon...

Anyway, I tried applying the registry fix that you posted, and that didn't seem to do anything, which I guessed since I wasn't syncing email... Out of frustration I tried clearing my storage, and basically starting from scratch.. Surprisingly it works now. I'm not sure why, but I guess I'm happy :)