PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Richard Ward is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone having the same issue I am with trying to set a new keyboard SIP (PCM Keyboard)? I had it set once by playing with <forgotten option here> then doing a soft reset. I had it working for a while, and then another soft reset (thanks, Spb Backup) and now I can't get it to work again...

Oh, them? That's just my network, I guess... (Converted Alltel Customer)
Old 09-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV 6700

ming0971 is a n00b
bluetooth bug

I have a problem with my bluetooth. after upgrading to wm6, my XV6700 can find or be found by any bluetooth device near it. I have tried to connect it with my SE M600, but it could not find any bluetooth device. When I opened the bluetooth settings, there is no new outgoing port text in com ports tab.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bsadler is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ming0971 View Post
I have a problem with my bluetooth. after upgrading to wm6, my XV6700 can find or be found by any bluetooth device near it. I have tried to connect it with my SE M600, but it could not find any bluetooth device. When I opened the bluetooth settings, there is no new outgoing port text in com ports tab.
Wow, I was just about to post that I am experiencing the same issue as ming0971. I need bluetooth ports for ActiveSync. Does anyone happen to know if you can create one in the registry?
Old 09-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

j10376 is becoming a great contributor
Sprint 6700 VC patch

Hello, The VC Patch does not seem to work on my 6700 it will not announce call id or number thru BT headset. Does any one have this working with patch on jabra bt250v
Old 09-11-2007, 01:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

ericcire is a n00b
optional weather new city database

Hey guys,

I love this rom, only problem I can find is with the weather program in the today menu. I live in Duluth, MN and the closest city in the range is Minneapolis. Is there a quick edit I can do to get weather in the today program for a city like duluth? Or will I need to install a different weather program.?

Thanks guys,
Eric
Old 09-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

kyppcgeek is keeping up the good workkyppcgeek is keeping up the good work
vc patch opens audio gateway but announcing call is not functioning.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Lurker

tscalzott is a n00b
WM6 Verizon Build Locks Up - Hard Reset Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig540 View Post
I have been running since the release day and have had to hard reset two times now. The phone just locks up, so I do a soft reset then it reboots and sticks on the green screen and will not go any farther unless I do a hard reset.
Any ideas what might cause this. I have only installed implus, slingplayer, and Spb Time .
I've seen it twice on my XV6700 with limited Verizon CAB installation and once on an XV6700 without any Verizon extended ROM customizations.

It stinks to redo.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Lurker

iamlocosucka is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to iamlocosucka
Verizon to Out of Network SMS fix...

I was having the age-old issue of having SMS sent to those outside of Verizon never being received. The fix for that was easy back in WM5:

change the registry value from "HTC_SMS_PROVIDERS.DLL" to SMS_PROVIDERS.DLL"

Doing that in WM6, now when i go to text anyone, it comes up with an error message "Text message cannot be sent"

I read the fix for threaded SMS on WM6 and it was found that the SMS_PROVIDERS.DLL was changed in some way. I extracted the sms_providers.dll in their .cab installer and simply copied it over the one in \Windows\ through activesync. Now having the reg value as "SMS_PROVIDERS.DLL" will work just fine.

Just to thow it out there, in WM5 all the DLL keys for all the strings under Protocals were "HTC_SMS_PROVIDERS.DLL", but in this WM6 rom, the "Class2" string had a DLL key valued with "SMS_PROVIDERS.DLL"....
Attached Files
File Type: zip sms_providers.zip (16.0 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-11-2007, 06:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

sofladavid is just getting started
touch dialer problems

The Touch dialer seems to have a few problems including:

911 doesn't work

If someone calls you and you want to ad their number to your contacts, clicking on :Menu - Add to contacts" makes the phone LOCK UP.

I decided to use the original WM6 which dialer doesn't seem to have either of these problems.

To switch to the original WM6 Dialer, just edit the registry:

[HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin] change "Enabled=1" to "Enabled=0"

I did notice, however, that the WM6 dialer seems to be missing the "DELETE" button(Just an empty white rectangle where the buttonshould go, but it does work if you press it). I will search the forums to see if I find a solution for that.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Lurker

iamlocosucka is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to iamlocosucka
Downgrading back to WM5 causing clock resets?

I tried downgrading back to WM5, however anytime i make any changes to the clock in WM5, the next time i soft reset the date/time resets to 12:00am 2/1/2006. I played around with settings and reflashed different roms in my kitchen, getting it as vanilla as possible, however every time I would set the clock, it would reset to that date/time on the next soft reset. If i soft reset without changing the clock settings (ie, the phone would indicate 12:07am), it would reboot retaining the time (ie, booting up indicating 12:08am).

This also happens after the clock automatically updated time through activesync.

I reflashed back to WM6 and it retains clock settings, so it looks like i don't have a choice.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development