PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Lurker

Gowry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face No reboot after connected to USB soft-reset

I'm seeing the same problem as MSee...I did a soft reset while connected to USB and now my phone doesn't want to return after a soft-reset
Old 09-07-2007, 05:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudboy488 View Post
Install ActiveSync Mode (http://www.utstar.com/pcd/downloads/...yncMode.sa.CAB) and set it to USB. I had the same problem when I was trying to load all my apps back into the phone. After installing this, I left the phone in the cradle all night and it was still connected the next day.

-- Spud --
Just pointing out In Vista it is syncing fine with "windows mobile device center"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUFLY29 View Post
For those having issues with the missing SMS count, go install the PocketCM program. It has a wonderful threaded SMS program included and has a character count (it counts backward which is nicer imho).
I have a similar issue that when i reply to a text, after I send I dont see what i wrote.
Got spoiled with the Palm sms prog.
Waiting for PocketCM to be revised to allow contact deletions, then it will B all good.

Gotta say WM6 OS is a noticibly better performer in speed and I no longer get random freeze-ups on incomming calls, like I did two rom versions back.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700 with WM6!!
Carrier: Sprint

F16Vet is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Does anyone else notice that this ROM sometimes has a problem recognizing that it is charging in a non-OEM device (namely a car charger). I didn't have a problem until yesterday, when I had to reset no less than 10 times in a two-hour span. I also noticed that if I reset while it was connected to the charger when it finished rebooting the OS determined that the battery was at 10% and gave me critically low battery warnings. At the time, the battery had no less than a 60% charge- probably more.
MAN am I glad to know I wasn't the only one to have this! Been running the WM6 ROM since Saturday and aside from a few hiccips IT ROCKS! MUCH faster, more stable, more functional etc.

But yesterday I was ready for the ole "PPC6700 MEETS BRICK FIREPLACE MODE". I must have tried for nearly an hour and a half to get any kind of charging to work. I tried 2 different mobile chargers (NON-OEM), the stock cradle, a zillion soft resets and even a HARD reset. Removed the battery-twice. Nothing worked.

I finally left the battery out for about 20 minutes, did a hard reset when it finally came back on (had a black screen for a L-O-N-G time--sweatin' a bricked phone) and got it to charge again. Wierd thing is it ALWAYS charged at home hooked up to my laptop (USB) but I wasn't home at the time.

Still don't know what the deal was, but glad I had (and used) SPB Backup. Didn't lose a thing. BTW SPB Backup fit great into the EXT_ROM2 space. ROM available space, 1107 KB; SPB size: 1047. Still got 60 KB left!

Last edited by F16Vet; 09-26-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

CTLong is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnybej View Post
the slide button on the side doesnt lock when i lock my device. I am still able to adjust the volume when its supposed to be locked. is anyone having the same problem?

Another user also referenced this issue in post #305.

I am also having this issue. Has anybody found anything that helps? I am missing quite a few calls b/c the volume gets turned all the way down even though the phone is in lock mode.

CTLong
Old 09-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Lurker

ppchaXor is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudboy488 View Post
Install ActiveSync Mode (http://www.utstar.com/pcd/downloads/...yncMode.sa.CAB) and set it to USB. I had the same problem when I was trying to load all my apps back into the phone. After installing this, I left the phone in the cradle all night and it was still connected the next day.

-- Spud --

Yeah. I do that on all of our phones. No Love.
Could it be an issue with the Bootloader?
Old 09-08-2007, 11:49 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16Vet View Post
MAN am I glad to know I wasn't the only one to have this! Been running the WM6 ROM since Saturday and aside from a few hiccips IT ROCKS! MUCH faster, more stable, more functional etc.

But yesterday I was ready for the ole "PPC6700 MEETS BRICK FIREPLACE MODE". I must have tried for nearly and hour and a half to get any kind of charging to work. I tried 2 different mobile chargers (NON-OEM), the stock cradle, a zillion soft resets and even a HARD reset. Removed the battery-twice. Nothing worked.

I finally left the battery out for about 20 minutes, did a hard reset when it finally came back on (had a black screen for a L-O-N-G time--sweatin' a bricked phone) and got it to charge again. Wierd thing is it ALWAYS charged at home hooked up to my laptop (USB) but I wasn't home at the time.

Still don't know what the deal was, but glad I had (and used) SPB Backup. Didn't lose a thing. BTW SPB Backup fit great into the EXT_ROM2 space. ROM available space, 1107 KB; SPB size: 1047. Still got 60 KB left!
I just tried something to see if there was a difference and it worked.
Before I started having this issue, I had switched the advance USB-PC setting off to help make the transition to Activesync work more reliably.
As I have noticed recently that it really wasn't that consistently reliable, I turned it back on and voila- I haven't seen this charging recognition issue again.
I don't know that this is guaranteed, but it seems to be working for now.

Old 09-08-2007, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MF'n Diamond

thisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Has anyone tried installing any virtual keyboard apps? I've tried 2 and they appear in the list of keyboards, but when I select them, nothing happens. I miss the T9 predictive keyboard, its the only way I was able to type one handed while driving.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

rp3319 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to rp3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLong View Post
Another user also referenced this issue in post #305.

I am also having this issue. Has anybody found anything that helps? I am missing quite a few calls b/c the volume gets turned all the way down even though the phone is in lock mode.

CTLong
The HTC Home today plug-in also adjusts the volume to silent/vibrate during calendar entries - you sure this isn't the problem you're runing into? You can eliminate the volume setting screen with the customizer app (found on the furms) and that function goes away.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dragonppc is a n00b
text messaging issues

I love the new upgrade and all but i am having some trouble getting and sending text messages. people are getting my texts but when i send a text or somebody sends me a text i don't know who i got it from; it doesn't show the name or number i got it from and i can't not reply to it either. if somebody was having the same problem and have a way to fix it please let us know .
Old 09-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Lurker

watersigndj is a n00b
already been said enough but... Fantastic effort to get this rom in place... hats off...

Phew... that was 44 pages of some serious reading... my unanswered issue apart from others already mentioned here...

Alert Volume... brought up twice before this without any possible solution... call ring volume is alright...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development