PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
Anyone Get WPA-PSK WIFI WORKING?
Have you searched this thread for WPA-PSK? There is a "Search This Thread" link at the top you may want to try.

For the record, I'm not sure if a fix has been released yet. I did read that someone switched to WEP and it worked fine (WEP is definitely less secure than WPA though...)
And in the kitchen, bind them.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
That customizer bogged my phone down and locked it up twice....i'd avoid it.
To each his own
Old 09-05-2007, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

BenRivera is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by myteematt View Post
Voice Command 1.6 Option to announce incoming phone calls by speaking them aloud no longer works. Everything else works in voice command including activating Voice Command from the headset or the speaker just no more incoming voice announce. Any ideas anyone?
This actually happened to me, once I went to the Helmi_C 3.5 1.03 rom. I have not be able to correct it since.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: nexus one
Carrier: att

myteematt is a n00b
Voice Command No Incoming Call Announce

Well I tried flashing back to Helmi 3.5 v1.03 and incoming announcements worked fine with Voiec Command 1.6. Flashed back to WM6 and it didn't work so I guess its an issue. This is a big deal to alot of users as they use Voice Command to announce incoming calls instead of using a ringtone. Anyone else had this problem or figured this out yet?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Lurker

DougB is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DougB Send a message via Yahoo to DougB Send a message via Skype™ to DougB
Hello all,

OK, I've tried to keep up with all the pages of posts...in some cases they grew faster than I could read them. I finally updated my 6700 to Helmi's latest and greatest yesterday and configured it with my programs and such...prior I was running Phoenx06's initial 3.5 AKU bootloader version (the Sprint C&S ROM).

- The new ROM is not as fast...for speed, that prior 3.5 C&S ROM was the best I've used to-date (even better than Phoenx06's subsequent C&S ROM...for those who have tried his ROMs, the one I liked was the one with the Spiderman boot screen).

- When I open an HTML email in this latest version the message seems to be scrolled to the middle...kind of annoying. That said, it is nice to have the HTML email support (one of the main reasons I upgraded).

- Sending/receiving emails, as well as forming an ActiveSync connection (via USB) all seem to take longer.

- I don't like the way WM6 brings over all my Yahoo folders, as opposed to just the Inbox...I need to figure out how to have the Send/Receive process only look at my Yahoo Inbox (ideas?)

- I like the WM6 initial email screen, the one that lets you select the account.

- The different position of the Delete action in Messaging threw me off for a bit, but I'm getting used to it.

- I like the Audio Manager app...it even works with my Moto 820's (A2DP/AVRCP) and the control buttons.

- Of course the out-of-the-box support for mobile YouTube is awesome.

- I'm definitely not a fan of the HTC Today screen app. Sure, it brings together some decent features...but none of them are comprehensive enough for me. The clock is too big and annoying, the weather app has a lame default screen, and in the photo dialing I can't seem to set a default number. I went back to TofClock's (RIP) 700w Today plugin and PocketWeather instead.

- Nice set of games included

- The program redundancy was a little disappointing, but for people like me who can't make the mental leap to cooking our own ROMs, it's a minor annoyance. Even with the ROM's multiple programs for things like remote connections and media, and then the ones I added (PDANet, PocketPlayer) I still have scads of storage available.

- All my programs seem to work (PIEPlus, iGuidance 3.2, GoogleMaps, Live Search (forgot this was part of the ROM), MemMaid 2.0, Wisbar Lite, PocketWeather, PocketBreeze, VJCandela, eWallet, Resco Photo Viewer, etc.).

- When connected and in the process of syncing, the device is nearly unresponsive. I too have noticed the occasional hiccup when unconnected as well...just a delay after which the device operates as usual.

Not sure if I'll try to affect some of the other configurations I had in the past (e.g. remove SMS sent notifications, install VC, configure BT for each diversion to headset earpiece for GPS commands, etc.). I'll likely keep this setup, though, so I must be pretty happy with it. Thanks again, Helmi!

- Doug
Old 09-05-2007, 10:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: My using is a Touch Pro

Bushrod is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Hello all,

- When connected and in the process of syncing, the device is nearly unresponsive. I too have noticed the occasional hiccup when unconnected as well...just a delay after which the device operates as usual.

- Doug

I posted about this a few pages back, but nobody except you and me seem to have this problem. Using acbTaskManager, I see that the Activesync process on the phone will spike to 80% or more when syncing.

Now that I've gotten TCPMP playing WMV files, I think I can live with the sync slowness.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Lurker

DougB is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DougB Send a message via Yahoo to DougB Send a message via Skype™ to DougB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrod View Post
I posted about this a few pages back, but nobody except you and me seem to have this problem. Using acbTaskManager, I see that the Activesync process on the phone will spike to 80% or more when syncing.

Now that I've gotten TCPMP playing WMV files, I think I can live with the sync slowness.
Yeah, it's not that much of a problem...at times I like to keep the phone connected to my machine so it can charge, which I use if for DAP purposes...unfortunately the ActiveSync utilization causes MP3s to skip at times. It's not enough of an annoyance for me to revert, but it's something I'd love to see corrected.

- Doug
Old 09-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I'm still hanging on for a kitchen.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Lurker

tfields4800 is a n00b
Exclamation WM6 - GOOD(mobile messaging), and bad(no internet sharing)???

WOOHOO - This rocks... (i know like a million people have said that.. but..)

For those who use GOOD Mobile Messaging, the good news, IT WORKS!!!!!! Installed, Configured and runs with no issues. ( Unlike the Kervin 3.5 c&s )

Is anyone else having issues with internet sharing? Prior to this install, I was able to use the internet sharing in 3.5c&s with the usb connection (dont have bluetooth on my laptop..) Now it doesnt seem to work.

On the phone side, it looks like it connects just fine... strangely, on the PC side however, it doesn't get an ip address from the phone. I did disable advanced networking on the phone side, but still no good.. any ideas?
-= edit =-
weirdness.. after an hour or two of playing around, ICS has decided to work..

Last edited by tfields4800; 09-05-2007 at 12:43 PM. Reason: update to infomation
Old 09-05-2007, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Bad Sector is a n00b
I'm using the Sprint version on my 6700.

Problem: When I hit the End Talk button on face of phone, it ends my data connection. Sometimes it will not let me reconnect unless I soft-reset. Is there a way to disable the End Talk button from disabling my data connection?

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development