PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvith View Post
I thought i asked this before but i guess not, Does anyone if this rom update shows the "character" # for txt? Like w/ the verizon stock rom, when writing a txt, under the line there will be 0/160 and as u type away the 0 changes to how many letters *or characters* have already been used in the txt, i found this helpful when i would write txt that's like 162, that way i could go bak and change it up so that it'll stay to 160... so is there an option i can do that would show these character numbers again?
oh yea look at that. hmmm...that would be nice to get back. kinda a big thing so you dont send 2 texts instead of 1. maybe it can be fixed or the arcsoft upgraded for the next release

Old 09-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH
Carrier: Sprint

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamon17 View Post
-- ADDED SOFTWARE (all working) --
Laridian Pocket Bible -- PocketCM Contacts -- PocketCM Keyboard -- PIEPlus -- XCPUScalar -- Opera Mobile -- SKTools -- Tweaks2k2 -- GoogleMaps -- Voice Speed Dial -- SIPChange

Aside from the threaded messaging app, everything is working nicely. Will be adding SPB Diary, SPB Mobile Shell, & SPB PocketPlus later.

Again, THANKS Helmi-c. You are appreciated!
I dont know if this will make much of a difference. You've upgraded to Helmi's WM6 and can get XCPUScalar to work; yet on my Mogul which comes with WM6 installed, XCPUScalar doesnt work. I wonder what us Mogul uses would have to do to get it XCPUScalar to work. It normally just causes a freeze that only a reset will get me out of.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

tvith is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus15 View Post
Not yet. It doesn't work yet, hopefully someone will figure out how to enable it. I never used it much myself as all the phones i send txt's to support multi-message texts. I just keep on typing and the phone will break it up into 160 character messages and send them individually.

----

I can confirm the txt message disappearing bug, and can extend it a little bit.

When you get a new, unread txt message and soft reset the phone, the unread message will be gone. Existing read txt's _will_ still be there ok. I can add that I had 2 unread email messages that I deleted. I then soft reset the phone and they returned as unread messages.

This WAS a problem with every single ROM I had on the phone from the initial ROM release on Verizon.

I believe it might be a timing issue. People with this "issue" please verify.

Send yourself a txt, then immediately soft reset after it comes in. The txt will be gone.

Send yourself another txt, wait a few minutes, then soft reset. The txt will still be there.

It seems like the incoming txt's, as well as emails, don't get written to the appropriate data file for a while. Seems like they get stored in a temporary file, then after 30 seconds to 2 minutes, they get written to the permanent data store.

This same behavior is exhibited when editing the registry in the past. If anyone remembers, editing the registry and immediately soft resetting causes the change not to take. You had to wait a few minutes, then soft reset for the change to take effect.

I'm not sure if it's by design from the MS programmers(albeit a strange design choice), or if it's a hardware limitation in the threading model of the processor.

I'm not sure that this is a bug or not.

Can anyone that has WM5 loaded see if this affects them as well?
The txt disappearing, well this happened w/ stock roms (atleast for me it did, i'm on xv6700) and just like u said, when the txt come in and i do a soft reset at anytime after the txt came through and 15mins(just an assumtion, not exact mins) the txt would b erased. So it's not just Helmi_c's WM6 rom prob. or anything, i think it's something to do w/ WM? Idk, i'm not Helmi_c so i'm not trained to know these codings and such, but i'm guessing it's something w/ WM 'cause before upgrading to Helmi_c i always had the stock verizon rom.

BTW.... yea all the phones i send a txt do does get the txt as 2 if i go over 160, it's just, i liked the number being there 'cause i was able to c if i went 50characters over the 160 or if i went 2, there's no real point in sending a txt that's 162characters when i can cut the 2characters out and have it as one txt instead of two. If i was writing a long txt then yea, wouldn't really matter if the # was at the bottom or not..lol
Old 09-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

erwos is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus15 View Post
I'm not sure if it's by design from the MS programmers(albeit a strange design choice), or if it's a hardware limitation in the threading model of the processor.
Let me take a guess at this one.

If what you're describing is really happening, it makes perfect sense. Most flash filesystems don't do their writes in real-time - they'll buffer them up for some specified period of time, and then do them in one burst. Saves wear-and-tear on the flash memory, since it has a limited (albeit large) number of writes. I suppose this could also be a function of the load-balancer on the flash chips themselves, but that strikes me as unlikely.

It's not really a strange design decision, in other words. People who get lots and lots of txt messages might end up really eating into the writes otherwise. The only quibble would be how long they're waiting before flushing the cache - could there be a registry entry that controls this?

I don't really use txt messaging anyways, so I'm pretty pleased. Awesome job, helmi!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

will0861 is a n00b
I don't know if this is a fluke, or a solution to the wi-fi issue. I changed the settings on my routher WRT54g, to WPA2 from WPA, and after a few minutes it connected. Seems to be working so far. However, I did not have any issues with WEP.

Just to update this. This is WPA2, TKIP+AES. It doesn't connect as quick as WM5, but it does connect after a try or two. This is much better than with WPA, where I could not get it to connect at all.

Last edited by will0861; 09-02-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MF'n Diamond

thisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Everything is looking good, except I found a bug in the button 5 press & hold. If I just press button 5 or press and hold it down, it launches whatever app I have tied to the press & hold trigger. The app tied to the press action never launches. Anyone else experience this?
Old 09-03-2007, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Richard Ward is a n00b
Hi, Alltel user here. Everything appears to work great. It seems noticeably faster when scrolling through graphical areas and the whole look is welcomed after WM5 since the device launched. My question is, if I ever wanted to revert back to default 5.0, is there a quick and easy way to do so? I probably need to search this forum to find it, if I ever needed it, but I'm new to this website and I spend about 3,000 minutes a month on my phone, so I like to keep it running as smooth as possible. Great site, great ROM, I love it all -- keep it up!
Old 09-03-2007, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Quote:
Originally Posted by caudex View Post
I know this is getting beat to death, but can someone please post a screen capture of how to set up the reg value / key that is used to enable the voice command?

I have been pulling my hair out trying to make it work, and i cant seem to get it right.

Here is how i have it set up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident View Post
That's it.
I was told to suspend/restore my device a few times and then soft reset.
That worked for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: pc_capture11.jpg Views: 24 Size: 10.5 KB ID: 1322

I too have set this in this fashion. How exactly do you suspend/restore your device. I was under the impression that "suspend" meant letting my device go dormant, to where I have to press Power button to "restore" awaken it. Please advise. Would give a screen shot, but my PPC is the only cam I have. Cheers!
Old 09-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kinglou0 is a n00b
Wifi for me is still dead. I havent been able to connect to any AP's in WEP or WPA(all flavors) regardless of password length, etc. I can connect to unsecured networks but the data speeds seem to be slower than with WM5. Very strange bug to have but the rest of phone is doing fine so far.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Ward View Post
Hi, Alltel user here. Everything appears to work great. It seems noticeably faster when scrolling through graphical areas and the whole look is welcomed after WM5 since the device launched. My question is, if I ever wanted to revert back to default 5.0, is there a quick and easy way to do so? I probably need to search this forum to find it, if I ever needed it, but I'm new to this website and I spend about 3,000 minutes a month on my phone, so I like to keep it running as smooth as possible. Great site, great ROM, I love it all -- keep it up!
You can download the stock Alltel ROM from the UTStarcom website:
http://www.utstar.com/pcd/downloads/...11500_Ship.exe

but you won't want to

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development