PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2007, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

Drewidian is keeping up the good workDrewidian is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
System volume lower

I just had one minor thing that I experienced. Does anyone else notice that the volume is lower on Mobile 6 than 5? Are there any registry hacks that will increase the volume on Mobile 6 that would work on this phone? Fantastic job Helmi_C. Thank in advance to anyone who can help with this issue.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Was xv6700...now xv6900

javo419 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc View Post
I found this www.htc.com/flash/TyTN%20II%20e-learning/HTC%20TyTN%20II%20e-Learning.htm. Even though this link is for the TyTN, it applies to the HTC Home plug-in. Put your mouse pointer over HTC Home and select one of the five items items listed (Home, Favorite People, Weather, Launcher & Sound). Once you select one of these five, click on the Next button towards the bottom to start the training.

Edit: I also noticed another thread about the HTC Home Customizer http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6355.
Thanks DC!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: verizon

azkid is a n00b
First bug for me, I can see my wifi network but am unable to connect. Everything else seems to be working.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6700

saturn2069a is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
Anyone have any input on how to get the character count back on text messages?
Noticed this too... would love to see an answer.

I did some comparing last night w/ my roommate's 6700 that we hadn't upgraded yet. I found this key on both devices:

HKLM\System\Inbox\Handlers\ComposeBodyCount={c59db 2e9-601c-423b-8bf3-352be01b89ba}

However, the corresponding "{c59db2e9...." Key was NOT in HKClassesRoot on my upgraded WM6 device. So I tried exporting that key from HKCR on his and importing in onto mine, reset the device and still no character count.

Unfortunately he had to work today and took his phone with so I can't keep playing with both... But maybe that will point someone else in the right direction?
Old 09-01-2007, 03:46 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by caudex View Post
I know this is getting beat to death, but can someone please post a screen capture of how to set up the reg value / key that is used to enable the voice command?

I have been pulling my hair out trying to make it work, and i cant seem to get it right.

Here is how i have it set up now.

That's it.
I was told to suspend/restore my device a few times and then soft reset.
That worked for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pc_capture11.jpg (10.5 KB, 99 views) Click for barcode!

Old 09-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Lurker

FaerieFire is a n00b
I've run into two minor bugs -- I couldn't get the main YouTube page to load completely without locking the entire phone up (required a soft reset). I also couldn't get any of the other TCPMP-friendly video to run. I installed the latest version of TCPMP over top, and that seemed to resolve some of the issue. I'm still having lockups on the main (non-mobile YouTube page), but I can now get YouTube videos to play via some of the other search pages with TCPMP.

I also had a reoccurance of that 10 second backlight timer that constantly resets itself from my longer timeout setting. But it only seems to happen on some of my soft resets, not all. Seems like that might be related to some of my subsequent software installs, since it didn't happen right after flashing.

I am having some brief lockups, but not sure if that's the base install or my subsequent additions.

Overall, still a big improvement!
Old 09-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Lurker

he5acann0n is a n00b
im having a problem with gettin pic messages from people and when i go to the pic message on the website from the phone i cant download it or enlarge it
Old 09-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Lurker

PDubs is a n00b
The biggest bug I have found is after soft reset, the screen will freeze when typing in the password. The only pseudo-fix I have found is to startup in landscape mode because my keyboard icon doesn't even show up after initially loading the password screen. Seems like you have to time it just right.

Other than that, it's a huge improvement over WM5. Excellent freaking job!!
Old 09-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Lurker

dfrank is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer View Post
Confirm if you experience this as well but:

1. Data arrows remain white even if there's no active data transfer. Tried changing the registry key to an always-on EVDO connection because I thought it would make a difference. Still no change in arrow color.
I can confirm this. Direct push is always on, so I noticed this immediately. I don't think its draining the battery, just an icon without a gray mode.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Lurker

dfrank is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDubs View Post
The biggest bug I have found is after soft reset, the screen will freeze when typing in the password. The only pseudo-fix I have found is to startup in landscape mode because my keyboard icon doesn't even show up after initially loading the password screen. Seems like you have to time it just right.

Other than that, it's a huge improvement over WM5. Excellent freaking job!!
My phone also has this issue. It might be something wrong with the PIN program in general, because when it asks you to setup a PIN after a hard-reset, mine locks up, unless I skip the PIN setup feature. My Exchange server requires a PIN (not up for discussion), so durring the first Sync with the Exchange server, it required me to setup a PIN without any hanging.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development