PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77355)

pio_masaki 09-12-2009 10:40 AM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache

Well right now I have my HTC performance thing at 624, and after running for the last 36 hours with normal usage (some calender, file manager, music, phone calls and texts) I still have around 22.4 MB ram free after using task manager and oxio to clean it up a bit, it seems to hover around there after any usage. After a fresh boot I see 25.3 usually, but that lasts about 7 minutes lol. 6.1 I would see 28 after a fresh boot and after cleanup it usually had around 24 on my builds. The start menu is very smooth, if not slightly odd to get used to the inertial scrolling on a resistive touch screen (I'm used to my iTouch's capacitive), but gives silky smooth scrolling, only PIE gives me any kind of lag, and thats only when scrolling while loading the page. Very nice quick build. (If you couldn't tell, I recommend it =P)

PDAPhoneJunkie 09-12-2009 02:21 PM

Yeah it's kinda hard to get used to the screens on a PPC if you're comming from any Apple device...

pio_masaki 09-12-2009 05:50 PM

Naw I've used PPCs since casio released their first WM device, like uh...9 years ago or something, then I had toshiba's first release, then 2 apaches, so I'm used to the screen to a point, but I got spoiled with the itouch screen and just got out of touch with the resistive screen of the apache, I'm getting better with it again. Do any of the newer HTC screen run cap screens or are they still resistive? Like the touch pro maybe?

PDAPhoneJunkie 09-13-2009 12:12 AM

Not yet. Windows Mobile 6.5 does not support it therefore it's a waste for them to use it. WM7 will however, which will included the cap touch screen.

lanteau 09-13-2009 01:13 AM

Is there anyway with this ROM I can prevent the phone from connecting to the network for data but still be able to connect to receive MMS? Right now I select My Work Network in connections and that doesn't allow any data connections even MMS. I'm on Verizon and have a Pay Per Kb data plan so....you get the point.

oldpueblo 09-13-2009 02:33 AM

Iphones arent designed to be used with styluses (styli?), WinMo phones try to cater to stylus and finger.

pio_masaki 09-13-2009 03:03 PM

I know, they have capacitive screens like I said earlier, never mentioned using a stylus on it =P IMO the cap screens are much more user friendly at the cost of screen space for larger buttons and text, which i was fine with on the touch.

lanteau set it to ask before connecting and it will stop connecting on its own

oldpueblo 09-13-2009 10:31 PM

Yeah I meant I believe that's why WinMo don't have cap screens. :p Last I checked cap screens don't jive with stylus very well. As much as I like finger work, sometimes a stylus is just better for some things and I'll take the lesser screen type for that reason personally.

pio_masaki 09-14-2009 04:46 AM

Well I guess the cap vs resist screen types comes down to personal preference. I know I prefer cap screens for alot of scrolling type menus, where the stylus with the resistive screens shine in smaller more detailed environments. But I'm afraid in the end the cap screens will likely end up dominating in the coming years, with their costs coming down and the iphone/touch showing the general user community is more in sync with that type of interface. Now, wether or not MS can actually get a UI put together that works on the first try has yet to be seen, as I kind of doubt it, really. Apple does make very good, fast and friendly GUIs. I think WM 6.5 is a step in the right direction, it flows nicely with the new start menu and performance is very decent even on aging hardware like the apache, I could only imagine what it must be like on the newer TP and diamonds...sigh. Of course comparing WM and the iphone/touch OS (linux based even) is comparing oranges to..erm..apples.

PDAPhoneJunkie 09-16-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanteau (Post 1161324)
Is there anyway with this ROM I can prevent the phone from connecting to the network for data but still be able to connect to receive MMS? Right now I select My Work Network in connections and that doesn't allow any data connections even MMS. I'm on Verizon and have a Pay Per Kb data plan so....you get the point.

You made me remeber about the guide I wrote for doing that. Here it is, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28641. I will add this to my thread with all my guides. This will do the trick, but it will only work if you have a ROM without HTC_Guardian (Apache doesn't have that only Titan and Vouge). Enjoy.