PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77355)

pio_masaki 09-04-2009 08:59 PM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache

Very nice, flashing right now. Any chance of a Sprint version? If so I just may un-retire my apache.

computerslayer 09-04-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pio_masaki (Post 1141304)
Very nice, flashing right now. Any chance of a Sprint version? If so I just may un-retire my apache.

What seems to be the problem? I have a Sprint branded HTC 6700 (PPC 6700) with this ROM and it works great. Maybe we can provide some support?

- Father Maurer

pio_masaki 09-05-2009 04:09 PM

No problems it runs fine, I asked that while I was flashing so I wasn't sure on compatability yet. I can't say everything works as my apache isn't my phone anymore, but I've been thinking about going back to it, normal phones bore me after my apache.

lanteau 09-07-2009 02:48 AM

I'm on verizon and this ROM seems to be working okay, but if I dial #DATA or *611 or anything I hear a "Hi! Thanks for calling Alltel!" message. Is this a result of this ROM? Do I need a Verizon specific one or what? I'm also having trouble receiving text messages with it.

EDIT: It also seems like *228 is dialing Alltel's programming, not Verizon's

pio_masaki 09-08-2009 08:48 PM

just tried to re activate my apache now it wont accept their programming (##msl#) anymore. Can someone verify this working on theirs?

Edit: Nevermind, they just needed to enter the MDN and MSID, I called in after going into ##778# and pretended I was in whatever menu they wanted, all worked out. Still dunno what happened to the ##MSL# command, though. Treats it like a regular phone number.

PDAPhoneJunkie 09-09-2009 02:13 PM

MSL codes don't work with Sprint if you're on any WM6/6.1 custom ROM. Been a known issue since the early days. Always flash to a WM5 official ROM before activating then go to custom, for a troubble free experience.

pio_masaki 09-09-2009 10:29 PM

Ah ok, I had thought to flash back to a stock or at least WM5 ROM, but decided just playing along with the rep would be easier then cooking, flashing, then re cooking and re flashing when I could just do the info myself.

PDAPhoneJunkie 09-10-2009 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pio_masaki (Post 1152834)
Ah ok, I had thought to flash back to a stock or at least WM5 ROM, but decided just playing along with the rep would be easier then cooking, flashing, then re cooking and re flashing when I could just do the info myself.

Yeah. I never have used Sprint so I can't comment there, but I would do something simular. I always played dumb or fool the reps.

pio_masaki 09-10-2009 09:19 AM

Yeah, it seems odd that I keep acting like a complete idiot about what they want me to do, yet they don't seem to care/wonder why or how I ended up in the EPST menu when I supposedly don't know what ##MSL# is supposed to do.

Or how the sprint store guys ("Yeah I know this phone I had one!") don't notice the WM 6.5 running on it. They even had the phone info up (with WM 6.5 plastered right up top). Or custom boot screens...or how the oldest device in the store has a windows version newer then the newest device in the store.

Anyways, back on topic. Is WM 6.5 faster then WM5? It feels that way. Maybe a little faster then 6.1 too, but uses some more ram.

PDAPhoneJunkie 09-12-2009 01:31 AM

I haven't had an Apache for months so i can't really comment. But, in my usage the custom 6.x ROMs are always faster than the stock WM5 ROM. The old Kirvin CS 3.5 was a pretty good WM5 ROM, but with these newer builds I prefer them just because of more functionality and speed. Eventually the apache won't handle the newer OS as they continue to use more resources. And there isn't much to begin with. I do love the Apache though... one of the most solid devices, I have tried to brick it and have failed.