PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77355)

blade313 08-21-2009 11:48 PM

Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache

yea thats what i meant, and yea i hard reseted after wards but after playin with it 4 a min and soft resetted and it works out fine now thanks 4 helpin

PDAPhoneJunkie 08-23-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blade313 (Post 1115357)
yea thats what i meant, and yea i hard reseted after wards but after playin with it 4 a min and soft resetted and it works out fine now thanks 4 helpin

No problem. Enjoy your device.

stanzap 08-23-2009 09:08 PM

Working well and flash went smoothly on a Bell Mobility 6700 with boot loader 2.02. Thanks!

Stan

janko10 08-25-2009 10:25 PM

Has anyone gotten this RUU to work from Vista 64-bit?

I followed the guide at Modaco about downgrading WMDC's drivers but I can't get that to work either. I downloaded the VistaRUU zip in that thread and rebooted Vista into the special unsigned driver mode but when I try to update the drivers, it always says 'this folder does not contain a compatible driver'.

Anyone have any suggestions for a 64-bit install?

Edit: This is a Verizon Apache with 1.02 bootloader. I made sure the phone was in bootloader before attempting any flashes or 'driver downgrades' and made sure USB connections was unchecked.

Edit 2: Nevermind I just gave up on 64bit and found an old XP machine to do it on.

gerarq 08-26-2009 12:16 AM

Excelent rom no errors :)

ffresh 08-31-2009 10:32 PM

I get the "Error 150: ROM Upgrade utility error" trying to flash a VX6700 w v1.02 Bootloader under WinXP Pro. Any ideas, please, would be appreciated. I have read this whole thread to no avail. I should add that my radio is, I think, fried (R NONE on boot screen). I tried the ROM update as is. I, also, tried changing the RUU.conf file from:
[RADIO_TYPE]=2 ---> [RADIO_TYPE]=0
[RADIO_FLAG]=2 ---> [RADIO_FLAG]=0

but this had no affect

UPDATE: Never mind; I found the problem - there was an idiot at the controls :oops: I'm too embarrased to admit what I did wrong (even for a newbie and his first ROM flash).

THANKS PDAJ. I'll check out WM6.5 tomorrow when I'm a little fresher. Now anyone have any idea on how to resurrect the radio in this now PDA ](*,)

oldpueblo 09-01-2009 12:43 AM

Have you tried just flashing a different radio? The Touch Pro section has multiple radios for the Touch Pro, I wonder if the Apache also has some radios somewhere you can re-flash.

ffresh 09-01-2009 11:52 AM

I did attempt a flash upgrade of the radio, previously, to v1.43 but it gave me an error code
http://drop.io/apache143

I forget which one right now, either 120 country code or maybe 115 wrong update for my phone (I think)

UPDATE (9/1/09): I tried the radio ROM Update again, in case I had erred as I did when trying to update the phone ROM - and I had - the same idiot had been at the controls :oops: However, this time it gave me the proper error code rather than the self-induced one. The error was ERROR 114:RADIO ROM UPDATE ERROR

I suspect that this is because I have a fried radio (hardware). I suspect this because on the boot screen it says R NONE. Anyone have any ideas or comments? I'm open to any and all. :scratch: Thanks!

cleverpseudonym1 09-01-2009 04:36 PM

love the ROm. thanks. only problem is i cant get the MMS to work, says that the originator address cannot be found.. HELP??

oldpueblo 09-01-2009 08:44 PM

You probably need to install an MMS cab for your carrier since this ROM is carrier neutral, that's my guess. There's probably one floating around the other ROM threads.