PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2007, 08:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

covici is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to covici
Hi. I tried installing the Verizon version of the WM6 ROM -- however it gave me an error 150 that I was not using the correct rom upgrade utlity. I did make sure that I was using the 1.02 version as my device says 1.02, so what else can I do?

I am using Vista, but the executable seemed to have no trouble running.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
Mori - No, nothing different than I usually do. Usually when I try to update in Vista, it sits there for a really long time then tells me I have the wrong version. This time, it worked. I really don't know what's different other than I now have Vista Ultimate instead of Vista Business. Maybe they updated something in the Mobile Device Center that did it? Not sure.

So far so good though!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: xv6700 w/ helmi wm6
Carrier: verizon

cheesegrater is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cheesegrater
i have used this rom for almost a complete 24 hours. have hard reset my device 5 times. not cause it's broke just trying different things. so far the only issue i have had is the media player not rotating. otherwise, not a single issue. helmi, i have a new hero.....
Old 09-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: xv6700 w/ helmi wm6
Carrier: verizon

cheesegrater is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cheesegrater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
You can just go to SETTINGS --> PHONE --> SERVICE TAB

CORRECTION - no you can't. Where did I see that setting?!?
yes you can i just did
Old 09-06-2007, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rfletch12 is a n00b
For those wanting sounds for your apache when you slide the keyboard in and out i'd suggest using tiermann's "slidesound" app he wrote. Nice little app and does the trick nicely. I created a cab and hooked up a few of my fellow apache users at work, and they like it too.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=slidesound
Old 09-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
Ok. My input after using this for 12 hours.

1) The Voice Command button issue is back. Setting button 5 for "press" doesn't work. Setting button 5 for "press and hold" then simply pressing the button and releasing it quickly activates Voice Command. I'm pretty certain there was a fix for this, but I didn't have to add it as I assume Helmi, BigJ and the rest had incorporated it into their custom roms.

2) This may have been covered, but I haven't read the entire thread as there's 90 pages. There's not much audible feedback. When launching a program or opening a menu. I'm not talking about the screen taps, but the usual sounds associated with executing applications. Does WM 6 not have this? If it doesn't have it, can we force it to do so? No big deal if not.

Loving it so far Helmi. Thanks again. I hope these weren't redundant observations.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

ScottL4619 is a n00b
Does anyone use Gmail on their phones and also on Outlook and have a problem with WM6 deleting the emails. On previous versions, as a workaround, you could set the Gmail account so that it only downloaded headers and 999Kb of the message. They removed that option in WM6, you can only choose full message, or message headers only. So, now if you let POutlook check your Gmail and download the message, the next time you send/receive, the messages disappear. Any advice?
Old 09-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

magyoi is a n00b
mdphoenix.. i tried that 1.02 version as well and had the same problem.. so i downloaded the OTHER verizon version and it worked fine IN vista.. took about 7 mins or so and a 2nd hard reset.. but since then .. the rom worked with only one flaw.. every once and a while I have to enable Bluetooth to get wifi to connect.. but im going to try to upgrade the radio version to the latest one in the forums (im using 1.10.00 right now).

Try downloading the other verizon version (non 1.02 bootloader). It worked great for me.

XV6700 + 2gb SD + WM6 HTC rom from ppcgeeks.com
Old 09-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Magyoi - You might have the wrong guy. I flashed in Vista flawlessly. There was another guy who couldn't that I responded to.

By the way, Scott speaking of mail reminded me.... I can confirm that this works without a hitch with Outlook Anywhere and Microsoft Push Mail with Exchange 2007.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

4 Door Skyline is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfletch12 View Post
For those wanting sounds for your apache when you slide the keyboard in and out i'd suggest using tiermann's "slidesound" app he wrote. Nice little app and does the trick nicely. I created a cab and hooked up a few of my fellow apache users at work, and they like it too.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=slidesound
THANKS!!......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development