PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 02:21 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge, USMC View Post
How would someone define "kitchen" as it's used in this application.

This is way too scary for me.......all for a nice lookin GUI.......the rest is just "fluff"...........
Programmers have long used "raw" and "cooked" to denote initial datasets and algorithmically processed datasets (back in the old days, people would litterally cook food on top of the cpu when it was doing heavy processing). When someone came up with the idea of taking a bunch of random modules and assembling a ROM on demand, well, that naturally fell into the "raw" and "cooked" paradigm. In the case of ROM building, there's a bit of creative flair and a lot of personal preferrence in selecting the "raw" materials you "cook" with - you need a "chef". Where else would a chef "cook" than in the "kitchen"?

Going with the kitchen/cooking theme, "cooking" is used to describe the whole process and "baking" is used to describe the algorithmic processing phase.

heh - it's a bit more than "a nice lookin GUI" (the GUI is the fluff)
Old 12-21-2007, 02:35 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
[Edit: (It's "pre-cooked" because Rob first cooked it in helmi's kitchen, then tweaked it and packaged it up for you.)]
The order is actually tweak, cook, package.

BTW, you can do just about all the tweaks you'd ever want from a pretty GUI by using OEMizer by Tiermann (donationware, found in the kitchen)....plus, you can use it to bake in your personal settings, which no pre-made ROM will ever do.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

Sarge, USMC is just getting started
Thanks fellas

It's great to see you senior members kneedeep in all this step up and patiently deal with an apprehensive noob. I played with the kitchen on the pc last night some.....there's a lot of stuff there! 3/4 of it I have no idea what it is, so I'll probably be applying the KISS rule on my ug.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:37 AM
Lurker

sculptor85 is a n00b
Verizon install

Hello everyone, I just downloaded this ROM and I'm having a bit of trouble with it. Here are my specs:

SW: ActiveSync 4.5
Phone: xv6700
WM6 SW: Verizon (no 1.02 bootloader)

I've attempted this on both a Vista machine and XP. I manage to get the phone to the "bootloader" mode where I can see (faintly) the word "USB" on the top and v2.02 on the bottom. At this point I plug in the phone to the computer... and get nothing.

I then take the phone and load it up then run the software for the APAC install. I get all the way through to having it show me the version and such, however I continue to see remarks that it has to be in bootloader mode. So here is the question:

1. How can I get the computer to see the phone when it's in bootloader mode?

2. Do I load the ROM before or after going into bootloader mode?

3. Is the faint screen that I'm looking at the infamous bootloader screen?

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptor85 View Post
Hello everyone, I just downloaded this ROM and I'm having a bit of trouble with it. Here are my specs:

SW: ActiveSync 4.5
Phone: xv6700
WM6 SW: Verizon (no 1.02 bootloader)

I've attempted this on both a Vista machine and XP. I manage to get the phone to the "bootloader" mode where I can see (faintly) the word "USB" on the top and v2.02 on the bottom. At this point I plug in the phone to the computer... and get nothing.

I then take the phone and load it up then run the software for the APAC install. I get all the way through to having it show me the version and such, however I continue to see remarks that it has to be in bootloader mode. So here is the question:

1. How can I get the computer to see the phone when it's in bootloader mode?

2. Do I load the ROM before or after going into bootloader mode?

3. Is the faint screen that I'm looking at the infamous bootloader screen?

Thanks for your help!
If you make your selections in the kitchen then hit the button to build the ROM it will walk you through the steps. It tells you when to plug up the phone and everything. At what point are you having issues. You have to be a bit more descriptive of you problem. We will be glad to help.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 12-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Deep Thinker

1. itshould "see/" it just by you plugging it in. Activesync won't, but you should get the USB connect tones when you plug it in.

2. after.

3. yes
Old 12-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint

hiddenagendas is a n00b
Just upgraded the PPC-6700 that I bought from a friend last week for $40 with this OS. (I couldn't download the 12-17-07 OS for some reason. It was very easy to install, and fixed the touchscreen issues I was having.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Lurker

geisonc is a n00b
beautiful !
beautiful !
beautiful !
beautiful !

I'm get VIVO Brasil
It´s work perfect !

ps. how to get wm6 portuguese language ?

Thanks !
Thanks !
Thanks !
Old 01-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenagendas View Post
Just upgraded the PPC-6700 that I bought from a friend last week for $40 with this OS. (I couldn't download the 12-17-07 OS for some reason. It was very easy to install, and fixed the touchscreen issues I was having.
12-17-07 isn't a ROM, it's the kitchen. You can find it in the stickies at the top of the forum.

The ROM this thread is about has been superceded by the kitchen.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: alltel

missourihoney is a n00b
its a rar file , how do i excute and install om my ppc 6700?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development