PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Did you let your carrier customizations run? You shouldn't have. unlock your ext rom, delete everything in it, and do a hard reset.
If you don't want to hard reset, you could try the second method found in this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ctory+programs

The link pointing to Total Commander is dead. Use this link instead:
http://ghisler.fileburst.com/ce/tcmdpocketarm.cab

You should be able to remove the junk you installed when you let the carrier customizations run.

If you don't mind hard resetting, just hard reset and then soft reset as soon as you see the "Customizing in 3...2...1" prompt. That will prevent the extended ROM cabs from running.
And in the kitchen, bind them.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

2ndchance is a n00b
I'm glad to hear that you are not having any real issues with the WM6 release. However, the problems that some of us are having doesn't involve ANY of the programs you installed.

I, personally, have flashed my phone many times and with great success. Helmi_c's WM6 is so freakin new (and awesome) that there are just some bugs that needs to be worked out, that's all. Looking forward to version 2 or a kitchen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
all of you that are having so many issues must be either doing something wrong, not following the simple instructions or installing a program that is conflicting.

I have the following programs installed, and my setup is near flawless. I am not having any of these issues that are being reported. The only trouble I did have was a conflict using weatherpanel, I can do w/o WP.

Trianglepowers BT Audio
Spb pocket +
Google maps
Bluefrog Big button dialer
screen capture
Devicelock
total commander

thanks again Helmi for the awesome ROM!

Sprint 3rd party vendor plan: 3000 mins, N/W 7pm, Unlimited TXT and DATA = $25/mo.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

2ndchance is a n00b
I also had this problem. There is a definite LAG when it pulls up the AutoText. I had to turn off AutoText so it would stop doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed26 View Post
Same thing for me. It is very difficult to type an email.

Phil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
So, I've started having the issue with using the keyboard that I thought I read other's were having a problem with. When typing, several letters will be missed. I think it's the autotext popup. It seems to lag a bit. Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 09-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

cab3 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspppcgeeks View Post
Hi cab3 - I've never found a way to change any phone app (Cyberon Voice Commander, phone contacts button, etc.) to brink up the goodlink contact list. The button takes you to the pocket outlook (local) contacts...
Well, I think I actually figured this out today. I did some searching on here and found a few things related to SPB Contacts, I think, and I thought I'd try to adapt it to work for GoodLink. What I ended up doing was enable GoodLink Contacts for all Contacts menus. I edited the registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:M SCONTACTS

and changed the "String 1" value from ":MSPOUTLOOK contacts" to whole of the following:

"\Program Files\GoodLink\GoodContacts.exe"

After doing that, pretty much every Contacts button on the phone now routes me to my GoodLink contacts, which is exactly what I wanted. Hope it helps others!

Last edited by cab3; 09-15-2007 at 01:11 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:32 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightedge View Post
If you don't want to hard reset, you could try the second method found in this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ctory+programs
For any of the recent (1 year?) kitchens, once you let the carrier customizations run, you really need to do a hard reset and start over as the customizations load older, buggy drivers.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6700
Carrier: Verizon

saturn2069a is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
So, I've started having the issue with using the keyboard that I thought I read other's were having a problem with. When typing, several letters will be missed. I think it's the autotext popup. It seems to lag a bit. Can anyone else confirm this?

Most definitely can confirm this too. Even waiting a few seconds after opening the slide-out keyboard, it lags and misses a LOT of letters I type.

I never noticed this before on an AKU 3.5 ROM - I think it's the word prediction because it seems to not just suggest single words as you're typing, but often the next word based on what you've typed.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i730 Soon
Carrier: PagePlus (soon) Verizon

ljblock is a n00b
Being new to this forum, I was concerned about modifying my phone, but using this ROM Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) has been one of the easiest undertaking I have ever attempted. I want to thank helmi_c and all others who have helped make this so easy for me. I do have a concern about active sync 4.5 it seems real buggy, with numerous failed attempts at syncing and general poor performance. Does anyone have a suggested alternative to Active Sync 4.5? Preferably free or low cost.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Quote:
For any of the recent (1 year?) kitchens, once you let the carrier customizations run, you really need to do a hard reset and start over as the customizations load older, buggy drivers.
That makes sense. I was thinking of the early days, back when one could remove the preinstalled crap by using Total Commander. Thanks for pointing that out
Old 09-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Lurker

rajivr74 is a n00b
ext rom

Quote:
Did you let your carrier customizations run? You shouldn't have. unlock your ext rom, delete everything in it, and do a hard reset.
Thanks for the advice. I am pretty new to this. How do I unlock my ext rom & delete everything in it?
Old 09-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: verizon

mnetwork is a n00b
I am looking into doing this when I set up my friend's XV6700.. He has the 2.02 boot loader like I do... Do I just use the "Verizon" one? Also.. I shouldn't let ANY of the customizations run??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development