PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 11:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

sofladavid is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf71 View Post
i tried this wm6, after 10 times flashing this rom and at least 30 hard reset (on 15 days!) there are not solution for lockup, its really annoying!!. I like the HTC today and I review the weather state frequently, but I left the phone alone, screen off itself or I push the power button, after a while I push the power button to power on the screen and nothing happens! then I call to this phone and no rings! result: missed calls without know who called me, repeat, really annoying!, I want to back to my original rom but no luck, please tell me the cause of this lockup and a patch to avoid it!

I was having the same problem and was ready to give up. This is what I did and Now I have been running for One Week straight without a single lockup.

1) Master Reset (remember not to let the Carrier customizations run)

2) Turn off the HTC today Plugin (I know it's cool, but others have reported problems, so I don't trust it).

3) don't install any applications yet .... ANYTHING!!!!!!

Run the phone like that for a few days, and see if you find it to be Stable. Then start installing your applications ONE by ONE. Leaving at least a day or two between installs so you can identify if one of them starts causing issues.

What I did, was install applications that DO NOT run all the time (Like Today plugins, Task Managers, or phone enhancements). These applications run in the background even when the phone is in Standby mode, and are the most likely culprits of the lockups.

I ended up installing everything back little by little except three of my applications that ran all the time. I suspect one of these three was my culprit, but have decided to leave off all three to make sure:

SPB Phone suite
Today Panel Pro
Today Agenda.

Here are the Applications that I AM running now with no Lockup issues:

Groupwise Email sync (Intellisync)
Google Maps
Ewallet Pro
Potala My Time
Resco Pocket Radio
Converter CE
IM+
Touch Dialer update to resolve 911 dialing issue and Data arrows

I have gone from Locking up three to four times a day (Exact same symptoms you described) to running for a whole week (so far) without needing to Reset.

Try this, and let us know how if it worked out.

I
Old 09-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Lurker

DjRilla is a n00b
nuff respect my ninja helmi_c well propa! =]
Old 09-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: IMAGIO

Culedad is a n00b
Wink Aliiiiiive!!!!

Helmi_c,

You just added a turbocharged V-12 to my old four-banger!!!
Your hard work on this masterpiece is duly noted and appreciated. You are truly an artist. Dios te bendiga mi pana!!!!!=D>=D>=D>
Old 09-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
So, I've started having the issue with using the keyboard that I thought I read other's were having a problem with. When typing, several letters will be missed. I think it's the autotext popup. It seems to lag a bit. Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Lurker

rajivr74 is a n00b
I just upgraded to your build of Windows Mobile 6 & I love it! My friends who ran out and bought the Mogul are pissed! Nice going Helmi_c... YOU ROCK!!!

p.s. Do you know how I could get rid of the stupid Get Biz Conn, Action Info stuff? Not just from my today scren but completely off the ppc6700 so it doesn't take up any space?

Last edited by rajivr74; 09-14-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
So, I've started having the issue with using the keyboard that I thought I read other's were having a problem with. When typing, several letters will be missed. I think it's the autotext popup. It seems to lag a bit. Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 09-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr74 View Post
I just upgraded to your build of Windows Mobile 6 & I love it! My friends who ran out and bought the Mogul are pissed! Nice going Helmi_c... YOU ROCK!!!

p.s. Do you know how I could get rid of the stupid Get Biz Conn, Action Info stuff? Not just from my today scren but completely off the ppc6700 so it doesn't take up any space?
Did you let your carrier customizations run? You shouldn't have. unlock your ext rom, delete everything in it, and do a hard reset.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
i love the looks of it and all, but it is not nearly as fast as the custom rom i built with the 3.5 kitchen. I also get random freezes and lockups. I guess i'll stick with that until a WM6 kitchen comes out
Old 09-14-2007, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
Same thing for me. It is very difficult to type an email.

Phil
Old 09-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed26 View Post
Same thing for me. It is very difficult to type an email.

Phil
I've noticed a lag if I immediately start typing once I extend the keyboard. If I give it a few seconds before I start typing, all seems well.
And in the kitchen, bind them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development