PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Updated 3/23 The Apache Lives on.... WM6.5 pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemz8 View Post
Has anyone used Windows 7 Beta to do this successfully yet? I keep getting a connection error.

Got it to connect, but it says: Error 150: This ROM Upgrade Utility is not designed for your device. Please get the proper ROM Upgrade Utility and try again.

Using the NoID Utility
Alltel Apache 1.00 bootloader
I am using windows 7 beta and had no problems at all. you can try this: right click on ROMUpdateUtility.exe go to compatibility tab check (run this program in compatibility mode for) then select vista. hit apply then ok then run ROMUpdateUtility again and it should work
Old 03-31-2009, 12:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Alltel

nemz8 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuite View Post
I am using windows 7 beta and had no problems at all. you can try this: right click on ROMUpdateUtility.exe go to compatibility tab check (run this program in compatibility mode for) then select vista. hit apply then ok then run ROMUpdateUtility again and it should work
Ok that helped but now I'm getting a Error 120: Country ID Error?
Old 03-31-2009, 02:46 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemz8 View Post
Ok that helped but now I'm getting a Error 120: Country ID Error?
You need to use a NoID bootloader or supercid. Anyways I published a public kitchen http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63114 so you can build your own.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue & apache

mr4r4n is becoming a great contributor

2 questions is the timebomb removed? and the only glitch so far i have ran into was when it turns gets restarted and i wait for the lock screen to appear i have to wait 2 mins or so to show the lock screen, unless i have no password then it starts up normally, and if there is a fix for the icon thing its not a deal breaker but is a lil annoying

Last edited by mr4r4n; 03-31-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:20 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4r4n View Post
2 questions is the timebomb removed? and the only glitch so far i have ran into was when it turns gets restarted and i wait for the lock screen to appear i have to wait 2 mins or so to show the lock screen, unless i have no password then it starts up normally, and if there is a fix for the icon thing its not a deal breaker but is a lil annoying
There is supposedly no timebomb in 21198. And I remember reading that if you use the sd card speed up tweak it can cause the app icon issue which I didn't include so I have no idea whats causing it unless you use the sd card tweak.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: Starone

claser0058 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to claser0058

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewidian View Post
Hi Drellisdee.

........................... I just have one question. Is there any way to make S2P (Slide to Play) or another media player launch from the today screen plugin Music option, and set Slide 2 View or Kinoma Play my default picture viewer?

Thanks again!
yeah........i want asking this question too..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolay View Post
Fast report for Drellisdee:

Problems:
If i install apps on memory card, every soft reset will turn the apps icons on menu turn to default icon ( the square white one), I can turn it back with open the icon files with file manager/total commander on c/windows/start menu/ program, i click properties then close it, waalaa!! the icons is back!
i had this problem.........
Old 03-31-2009, 09:35 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claser0058 View Post
yeah........i want asking this question too..........

i had this problem.........
1) it would require editing the titanium cpr I believe but am not sure exactly how to do it.

2) Icon thing on sd card I have no idea atm.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Windows Live doesn't seem to work on the 21193 build. I have tried every build I have, and they are all a no go. The first build ran it ok.

Also, you can't add a * @ hotmail . com email account with 6.5 so far. It just routes you to PIE.

Anyone find a build of Windows Live that will sync properly?
Is there any solutions that anyone has found for the hotmail issue?
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 03-31-2009, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Smile Re: Updated 3/23 The Apache Lives on.... WM6.5 pics

This Rom although is beta it looks really nice I'm pretty sure it will run a lot smoother if the processor was a lot better.

Giovanny
Old 04-01-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue & apache

mr4r4n is becoming a great contributor

well all in all there is enough little glitches to keep me from using it regularly, however this is a very god step in the right direction for MS at this rate esp with dre's hard work running non beta 6.5 soon!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development