PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint

Pir8Man is keeping up the good workPir8Man is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can I get some help without getting blasted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamus08 View Post
Lol...guess I had that one coming. You can tell I have been out of the forum for a long time. You actually gave me quite a bit of useful info and I definitely appreciate that.

I guess what I was asking is...do I need an unlocker? what radio version should I be using? what ROM version should I be using. I understand that new phones are coming out and the Apache is becoming or has become a thing of the past but it was free and I couldn't turn that down.

BTW, here is a link to the original convo about the video capabilities on the Apache, which you happened to be a part of. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32268 Just a little refresher if you care to look. Oh yeah, and it is for Sprint but I have my 6900 activated right now.

Later,
Yamus
No unlocker needed. but you need to be weary of the bootloader version on your phone. I found Helmi's Release for Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 to be the most stable. I also updated to Radio 1.43. and make sure to make use of the Extended_ROM space.

My 6700 is great. I have no reason to move to another phone. I am beta testing the new 20748 build and feeling some pains. So for a new user stay with 19716 for now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:41 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir8Man View Post
No unlocker needed. but you need to be weary of the bootloader version on your phone. I found Helmi's Release for Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 to be the most stable. I also updated to Radio 1.43. and make sure to make use of the Extended_ROM space.

My 6700 is great. I have no reason to move to another phone. I am beta testing the new 20748 build and feeling some pains. So for a new user stay with 19716 for now.
Excellent advice. 19716 is currently the most stable. 20748 will replace it hopefully, but not yet. The premade WM6/6.1 ROMs Helmi made have various problems...the Helmi 19716 kitchen will produce a better rom.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

yamus08 is keeping up the good workyamus08 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
If you're gonna use that ROM look for thread called...Nevermind I'll get it for you install this cab file on device. This will fix the WiFi WPA-PSK issue that occured with early WM6 builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir8Man View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Excellent advice. 19716 is currently the most stable. 20748 will replace it hopefully, but not yet. The premade WM6/6.1 ROMs Helmi made have various problems...the Helmi 19716 kitchen will produce a better rom.
Thanks to all. I am glad that there are still people and even Gurus, LOL, that are willing to help out with pimping my ride. JJ gguruusa, I know that you are one of the most knowledgable people around here and I have learned much from your posts, as well as everyone else who has responded.
I have actually decided to hook this thing up and give it to a friend at work. For my needs, I think this would really do all I need, however, I am in to the sleek slim look and am done with Qwerty keyboards since I have mastered my touch. So....the diamond it is, especially since that is were all the post are heading, or maybe I will wait for the Pro because it looks quite nice as well.
Thanks again,
Yamus

Old 10-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Lurker

senselessnks is a n00b

Ok Time for me to get my nose rubbed in it. I just purchased a clean esn 6700 off ebay. When I called Sprint to activate, the ##xxxxx# codes didnt take and I was told someone had "corrupted my phone and they couldn't turn it on to the Sprint system". Well, I suspected the clerk was blowing smoke up my tailpipe and needless to say, when I sent an email to the seller, i got the "well it worked ok for me...try to flash the ROM back to and see if that will help."

Well, so here I am...reading the forums, trying to to figure out what it means to be a noob. I was able to reflash back to WM5 and the sprint rom. got the phone turned on. Lost all of the cool upgrades that were on the phone to begin with. I run vista and downloaded BuildOS to try and cook my own ROM. I got a bit overanxious and tried to build too large of a ROM, and got the error message from the chef. I shut it off and went to eat. Came back and thought I would try again. Now when I pull up the build OS, i dont get the entire selections. I tried to delete some .rar files and the selection files....even deleted BuildOS and reinstalled... and I still can only select additional ringtones, themes and sounds in the kitchen.

I no doubt have some learning to do, but am willing to try. My plan is to 1) Locate a precooked ROM and install it. I am in the medical field and will want to install some skyscape apps, view Pdfs and use an improved calendar/contact manager. I am going to buy a 4g memory card because my phone didnt come with one. 2) Cook a custom ROM at a later time, once I figure out how to fix Build OS. My problem is when I click on links of what I think are working ROM's, the links are bad and I cant find a "cooked ROM" to load. Eventually would like to install the touchflo theme but not the most inmportant thing right now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am still learning a lot about this phone and am thankful for all the info I have already seen on this site.

I have no problems moving to WM 6 or 6.1, even though that may not be a good idea according to some. I dont need a lot of the bells and whistles other people mention, just need to send a few text meassages, maybe some pics. with the 6700 to see what customization i may want to do in the future.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:12 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Hi senselessnks, yes, on Sprint you can't activate with custom ROM.

1. We don't have any pre cooked WM6.1 roms. We do have precooked WM6, but it's the first build and is buggy.

2. I can help you with BuildOs. I have helped many many people.

If you need help feel free to PM me or add me to an IM client, I get on every few days.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

The ##xxx(x)# codes are known not to work with all dialers and even know you hard reset and lost all your cool features...........believe me, when you get into the swing of things you will build it how you like it and learn to love it.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:51 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Yeah. The only dialler I find to work with codes is HTC Vouge Dialer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development