View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 08:33 PM
yamus08
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yamus08 is keeping up the good workyamus08 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can I get some help without getting blasted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
If you're gonna use that ROM look for thread called...Nevermind I'll get it for you install this cab file on device. This will fix the WiFi WPA-PSK issue that occured with early WM6 builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir8Man View Post
No unlocker needed. but you need to be weary of the bootloader version on your phone. I found Helmi's Release for Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 to be the most stable. I also updated to Radio 1.43. and make sure to make use of the Extended_ROM space.

My 6700 is great. I have no reason to move to another phone. I am beta testing the new 20748 build and feeling some pains. So for a new user stay with 19716 for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Excellent advice. 19716 is currently the most stable. 20748 will replace it hopefully, but not yet. The premade WM6/6.1 ROMs Helmi made have various problems...the Helmi 19716 kitchen will produce a better rom.
Thanks to all. I am glad that there are still people and even Gurus, LOL, that are willing to help out with pimping my ride. JJ gguruusa, I know that you are one of the most knowledgable people around here and I have learned much from your posts, as well as everyone else who has responded.
I have actually decided to hook this thing up and give it to a friend at work. For my needs, I think this would really do all I need, however, I am in to the sleek slim look and am done with Qwerty keyboards since I have mastered my touch. So....the diamond it is, especially since that is were all the post are heading, or maybe I will wait for the Pro because it looks quite nice as well.
Thanks again,
Yamus