PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2Death View Post
darn it!! this kitchen for me is just not user friendly. no matter what problem i fix, i got to get past another error. this thing has defeated both my Vista laptop and XP desktop. i havnt had one successful rom yet. can i jus upload my selections and someone upload a rom for me. the rom i am trying to make almost has nothing and is so basic. file error and other errors are inevitable.
Some popups are just warning. doesn't mean the rom is bad. Sounds like you have the kitchen installed, made your selections, pressed play, and are either gettng warning popups about overwriting files or rom to full? The overwrites can safely be ignored if they are graphic files (.png,.bmp,.ico,etc). If you're getting rom to full, well, remove more.

Upload your selections.txt if you want someone to look at it.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: verizon

tehrob is a n00b

I have but a simple request that would greatly reduce my cooking time.

I have used a few of the custom icon packages, and you have to confirm the change while the rom is compiling.

If a "use answer for all" checkbox could be put into the dialog, I would appreciate it.

It would reduce the # of clicks from around 400 to about 2

Thanks!

Last edited by tehrob; 03-13-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yes, I'm aware of that. It'll happen soon.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Deep Thinker

For those of you getting the "can't create file" error while extracting from WM6.1.rar, please pm your install path to me.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ChronoT52 is a n00b

Alright, everything is working absolutely peachy except none of my ## codes work. Any way to enable them without hard resetting?
Old 03-13-2008, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

ChronoT52 is a n00b

Oh- if you are running Vista, if you do not run the program as an administrator, you get the "can't create file" error. It may help fix that problem.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

Fresh2Death is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Fresh2Death Send a message via Yahoo to Fresh2Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Some popups are just warning. doesn't mean the rom is bad. Sounds like you have the kitchen installed, made your selections, pressed play, and are either gettng warning popups about overwriting files or rom to full? The overwrites can safely be ignored if they are graphic files (.png,.bmp,.ico,etc). If you're getting rom to full, well, remove more.

Upload your selections.txt if you want someone to look at it.
i used to ignore those, then got another error at the end. so i took some stuff out of the rom and tried to remake a new one and i over-wrote the files that it was asking from me. do u think maybe i did some harm in doing this?
previous owned phones - Apache 6700, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, Nexus One - current phone in use : Nexus One
Old 03-13-2008, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoT52 View Post
Alright, everything is working absolutely peachy except none of my ## codes work. Any way to enable them without hard resetting?
Here is a list of shortcuts. Double-click them and they work just like if you used them in the phone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ##Codes.zip (1.6 KB, 82 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: verizon

tehrob is a n00b

Wow, fast response time here I'm lovin' it. Something I just noticed after many builds was that the log window actually does tell you how much over in bytes, but it is displayed in hex...

I know the issue has been brought up before that it would be nice to know ahead of time if the build was big enough or not, but I would just like it if you could do 2 things. (and believe me, I know you guys especially now have other things to do, so ... in the future if you could) convert the hex to decimal... and then just add the uncompressed size of the packages so we can choose correctly what packages we have to remove to get the rom size down to a fittable size.

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH! (wheather this happens or not. It's just a request.)
Old 03-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehrob View Post
Wow, fast response time here I'm lovin' it. Something I just noticed after many builds was that the log window actually does tell you how much over in bytes, but it is displayed in hex...

I know the issue has been brought up before that it would be nice to know ahead of time if the build was big enough or not, but I would just like it if you could do 2 things. (and believe me, I know you guys especially now have other things to do, so ... in the future if you could) convert the hex to decimal... and then just add the uncompressed size of the packages so we can choose correctly what packages we have to remove to get the rom size down to a fittable size.

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH! (wheather this happens or not. It's just a request.)
The size calculator was pulled last moment because of a pathing issue. Once that's resolved, it'll be in the tools menu (you can see it there currently, just disabled).
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development