PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 01:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv 6700
Carrier: Verizon

CraigAnt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

GURU and TJARNOLD...thanx. I finally got it to work after taking a few applications off. Like you said...2.05 doesn't hold much. I'll add the additional things on later and store them on my storage card.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cmai is a n00b

I just downloaded the updated BuildOS and I noticed the selection has decrease dramatically and I was wondering why?

Thanks,
Old 05-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmai View Post
I just downloaded the updated BuildOS and I noticed the selection has decrease dramatically and I was wondering why?

Thanks,
I can only imagine that you had previously updated and there just wasn't that much that was new. Actual Updater content has not diminished.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700

macejsc is a n00b

I've got a problem. I'm behind a firewall at school and can't access any FTP sites. I'm guessing that's what the Kitchen accesses when you login, but I try to login and it says the server was unavailable, so I click OK and then it says my username has expired and closes. I've tried it at my Mom's house since she's on DSL and I can get into the kitchen, but I can't upload my ROM. Here's what I do:

Build the Rom,
Cook the Rom,
Start the upload with the phone turned on and at the today screen
The updater finds the phone and displays the phone info, then says to hit next to start the update
I hit next, it accesses the phone and the phone goes blank
then the "caution updating" message disappears off the screen and I get an error message 201 that the system cannot access the phone data.
Then my phone is stuck in bootloader v1.00
So I have to run the bootloader fix and everything.
If I do the steps to disable the USB connection and everything else to fix the problem with Vista, then the 201 error will come up at the begining when I try to get the phone info to begin with.

I'm on Windows XP at school, and Vista at my Mom's. Is there anything I can do to get it to access the server at school so I can try cooking the rom through XP and it might work?

The last rom I did at school was the straight download of the Helmi-c rom.

OR is there a way I can save the rom I cooked to an exe file and bring it with me to school and try pushing it over that way?

If you need it I can send the list of the programs I wanted to add to the ROM. It won't be until later tonight before I can send that. Could I be adding to much and that is what is causing it?

Last edited by macejsc; 05-06-2008 at 10:22 AM. Reason: adding some info
Old 05-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Take the ruu folder and the nk.nbf on a flash drive to school. Run the ruu utility there.

Or, flash bootloader v1.02, and then Vista will be happier with your phone in bootloader.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700

macejsc is a n00b

Thanks!! I'll give both a try actually and let you know.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cmai is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
I can only imagine that you had previously updated and there just wasn't that much that was new. Actual Updater content has not diminished.
You kow how you can select what to get install on your phone, somehow the updated version for the Apache does not show like MS Office Mobile and other selections to pick from 2 previous version ago.

Thank you.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

For those of you having problems getting logged into the kitchen because you ae behind a firewall, here is what I do when I am at work and behind a firewall. I use my phone as a modem! I plug my phone up, open the kitchen and log in. Works like a charm for me.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 05-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv 6700
Carrier: Verizon

CraigAnt is a n00b

Hey, this ROM is working just great for me. However, I did notice one thing today, while text messaging. My Pic/Video messaging is nolonger an option. Not only is it not listed, but when I hold down on a wav file (saved on my storage card), and it offers to send...it tries to send it via outlook and then I get a message saying outlook does not send text messages. Am I missing or did I forget to add something to this ROM?

ALSO...I did add the GPS (GPS-Today) and though it will pull up and show an address if I type it in...will this software not work properly since I (DON'T THINK) don't have a built in GPS Receiver?
Old 05-07-2008, 12:01 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAnt View Post
Hey, this ROM is working just great for me. However, I did notice one thing today, while text messaging. My Pic/Video messaging is nolonger an option. Not only is it not listed, but when I hold down on a wav file (saved on my storage card), and it offers to send...it tries to send it via outlook and then I get a message saying outlook does not send text messages. Am I missing or did I forget to add something to this ROM?
you are Alltel? You need to add a MMS client (like arcsoft).

Quote:
ALSO...I did add the GPS (GPS-Today) and though it will pull up and show an address if I type it in...will this software not work properly since I (DON'T THINK) don't have a built in GPS Receiver?
Useless if you don't have a GPS.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development