PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

H2o11 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [10-12-12]Tinkerbell's 21916 Apache Rom

Of course! I understand exactly how that is; I used to host a Froyo ROM for the Archos 5 a couple years ago and it became quite popular, that is until Time Warner found out and became quite unhappy, haha. But I digress, thank you again so much for helping me out!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:07 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to work on this yet today. I will try and get it up in the morning. Thanks!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Okkay, the link has been repaired on the first post! Enjoy! =]
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Telus

JoKeRzBoX is a n00b

Hi Tinkerbell - any chance you can post a version of 21916 Apache ROM for TELUS devices? I heard there was a version for it at ppckitchens but since the site was shutdown, I could not find a version for it anywhere else. My bootloader version is 2.02. Thanks!

Last edited by JoKeRzBoX; 01-03-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Yes, I can check into that for you. Give me a bit here. Thanks
Old 01-06-2013, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

BobC is a n00b

Relative noob here. I have never flashed anything but a stock OEM Verizon ROM to my Apache, mainly because, a couple of years ago (when I was last on here) just about all the custom ROMs seemed to break one function or another. I'm still with the Apache because I have a lot of accessories for it, and being able to use Active Sync to directly USB sync all my Outlook data between my work computer and phone (without other sodtware) is an essential funtionality for me.

All that being said, I got to browsing around here and found this thread. Looks like this ROM is mature and stable enough that I am ready to give it a try. I have bootloader v1.04 so I downloaded the v1.04 Verizon package from the first page, and extracted it. I'm not quite sure what the next step is at this point. Do I enter bootloader, hook it up via USB and execute one of the application files in the package? Or do I hook it up via USB and execute the EnterBL application without putting it in bootloader first, or what? What about ActiveSync? do I need to disable the USB communications in ActiveSync before hooking up the USB?

Sorry, but like I said, the only flashing I've ever done was the AKU3.3 upgrade a couple of years ago and that was on one of the aforementioned parts phones (AND I used the version phoenix6 posted here on the board - the one that didn't update the bootloader to v 2.0x).

A little guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance...

P.S. And thanks for building and posting new ROMs for such an old device, Tink. People with your talent and dedication simply amaze me!

Last edited by BobC; 01-06-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Hey BobC! Thank you for your interest. It is great that some are still using this trusty little device! Yes, you are going to want to put your device into bootloader mode first. To do this, just push power, record, and reset, holding these three buttons until the screen goes dark. Now, disable usb communications in ActiveSync. Next, hook up your Apache to your computer. Now double click on the ROMUpgradeUt.exe in the folder you unzipped. Follow the onscreen instructions. Relax and enjoy.

Thanks for your kind words!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BobC is a n00b

Thanks Tink. That is pretty much the steps I expected to have to follow, but I wanted to be sure.

Althought it seems unlikely, IF for some reason I wanted to go back to AKU3.3, that would still be an option, right? As long as I can find the stock ROM package. And I assume the roll-back process would be the same?
Old 01-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Yes, it would be the same. I can't imagine going back though as the stock ROM is almost unusable in today's world. I would recommend finding that stock ROM before you start if you are considering switching back. =]
Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BobC is a n00b

I sent a PM and an email to Phoenix6 asking if he still had the files. There is a link in this post to the files - supposedly hosted here on the ppcgeeks site
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-apache...der-files.html
But the user ID (ppcgeeks) and password (ezupload) that he gives doesn't work to gain access to them. Maybe you know a UID/pw combination that will allow me to access them...

Last edited by BobC; 01-06-2013 at 06:53 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development