PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700 & XV6800
Carrier: None

guitarman2010 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [10-12-12]Tinkerbell's 21916 Apache Rom

Awesome......the 2.4.4 cab still works.....I had to find it manually by searching as I couldn't find it on Google's website

I attached the YouTube 2.4.4 cab to this post if anyone wants it

Thanks

Last edited by guitarman2010; 02-23-2013 at 03:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:06 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
COOL, thanks for the support!

Sent from my SCH-I535 on the PPCGeeks App

Old 03-02-2013, 01:34 AM
Lurker

Would it be possible (even though it sounds foolish) to run the version of IE from WM5 on this ROM and is so, how is it done?
Old 03-02-2013, 06:18 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Humm... maybe. Why would you want to though?

Sent from my SCH-I535 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 03-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6700
Carrier: verizon

peted is just getting started
Red face Re: [10-12-12]Tinkerbell's 21916 Apache Rom

Hi Tink - Thank you so much for providing the ROM flash link and instructions. You are awesome!

I am having a problem syncing my VX6700 phone to my Windows 7 PC. As you may recall from my earlier post' I have not activated the phone through Verizon yet, but it is charged and connects to WiFi. I aspire to update the Windows Mobile OS from 5.0 to 6.5. My ROM version is 1.05.00 WWE and the bootloader is 1.00. I have down loaded YOUR file, but not unzipped it yet as I am unable to connect the phone and have it recognized by my computer.

I downloaded, and installed Windows Mobile Device Center 64 bit version for Windows7, not Active Sync (don't have XP). When I connect the phone, I get a message that says "Device Driver Software was not successfully installed" Unidentified Device (red X) device unplugged and Microsoft Windows mobile Remote Adapter (red X Device unplugged.

I am assuming that I need to sync to run the OS 5 to 6.5 upgrade. Could the problem be that Win Mob Dev Cent does not recognize Mobile OS-5.

I also downloaded, installed VZ Access Manager for VX6700 wireless, and have attempted to connect through, but that does not connecting either.

"Devices and Printers" shows that PocketPC USB Sync is connected, but I don't see it like I would as a normal USB memory stick.

Sorry for the elementary questions. This is my first time attempting to do this procedure. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong would be much appreciated!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Hi! Humm, put your device into bootloader mode and connect to the computer. The wording at the top of your Apache screen should change from serial to USB if your device is communicating with your PC. Let us know.

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 03-07-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 03-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6700
Carrier: verizon

peted is just getting started

When I put it into bootloader mode and attach the phone, I get an error message that says; USB device not recognized - "the USB device attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it" and the phone still says serial (at the top of the screen).

Any ideas?

Thanks! Pete

Last edited by peted; 03-07-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Okkay, let me do some research and see what we can come up with. I don't have a Windows 7 machine to experiment with here.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Lurker

My Apache (when it was running WM5) connected fine to my Windows 7 machine
Old 03-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Threadstarter

Great!! Community support!! What did you have to do to get it to connect? What drivers did you install?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development