PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
You'll get a duplicate file message if you pick both HTC Album and Resco Explorer. Reason being that HTC Album was hacked to let you browse for a directory using resco's dll. I've fixed the duplicate file message for next release, but for now you can just hit ok. Both apps will work with either version of the dll for now anyway.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Lurker

NotoriousBEN is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
1. Today agenda isn't working now. Worked fine before.
this is happening to me as well
Old 12-21-2007, 12:45 PM
jed
Lurker

jed is a n00b
Is anybody else having major Bluetooth headset issues with WM6? Every version of WM6 I've tried, from the very first release, to every combination I cook with the new kitchen, I have trouble with my Jawbone headset. Major problems include:

- difficulty pairing the devices. I usually just leave my headset in the car. With WM5 every time I get in the car, the devices automatically found each other and paired without any intervention on my part. With WM6 I have to use the quicklink on my today screen to make the connection every time, and it usually takes several tries to successfully connect.

- headset cuts out during calls. Occasionally the headset will lose connectivity during a call, and the sound will go back to the handset

- fading out during a call. This is almost guaranteed on a longer call. Eventually the other party will eventually be unable to hear me. I can hear them fine, but they can't hear me.

- Devices pair, but there is a high level of background noise/static making them unusable. I usually reset the device at this time.

I've attached my latest kitchen selections, and while I've added a couple of things (google maps, abcpowermeter) like I said, I've had this issue with every WM6 config I've tried.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt My WM6 Selections.txt (3.9 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Vogue

Fancy_Lad is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by blksprk View Post
2. I cant set the data connection to always on without some nasty side effects:
a. Answering a phone call defaults to speakerphone even though the phone dosnt know it on speaker phone
b. I get about 5 seconds to answer the phone when it rings then it bumps to voicemail, and when I do answer it the status screen says "Unknown" for the caller, call log lists a missed call from the caller immediately followed by the unknown call.
These side effect result from both a manual registry edit and using Advanced Config
I can confirm this problem and here is how I can replicate it every time:

1. Build a ROM and include the Advanced Configuration 1.1 OEM.
2. Hard reset
3. Finish the first boot steps
4. Initiate a data connection (I'm opening PIE and hitting the WindowsMedia.com favorite)
5. Call your phone. Everything works properly.
6. Open programs and launch Advanced Configuration
7. Hit the "Done" softkey (you don't have to change anything)
8. When prompted, say "yes" to soft-restart
9. Repeat steps 4 and 5.

When you call the phone this second time, it will do what blksprk described every time for me. Note that I am not making any other registry changes.

On the last release of the Kitchen, I was able to use the older Advanced Configuration 1.0 OEM without issues.

Thanks again for everyone's hard work on the Kitchen!
Old 12-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousBEN View Post
this is happening to me as well
Possibly similar issue:
Now trouble with claunch disappearing from Today screen when Calendar plus refreshes. It disappears when I select Options. It never refreshes after that.

When claunch disappears, the empty line sometimes catches part of the image of the Start menu or Quick Menu list, indicating that the space on the Today screen is allocated, but the program never refreshes.

Reinstalling claunch in Extended ROM makes it work.

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Volume on Phone

Since I have been using the updated kitchen I have noticed that the volume when in a call is very low, even if I turn up the volume all the way up. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 12-22-2007, 07:09 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
does anyone know the last stable build of htc album that DOESNT have the directory select at startup??

also experiencing major problems trying to copy large files via activesync. it never did this before.
trying to copy a 90MB file from my computer to my sd card which is 512mb sandisk. it'll get about halfway then start over, and it'll do this over and over again.
something wrong with my sd card or something with wm6? i chose sd driver only in the kitchen, no SDHC.

Last edited by Torx; 12-22-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I've been copying 250MB files to SD the last couple of days, and noticed similar behaviour. For me, the progress bar only goes about 6 ticks before starting over again and again, but it eventually finishes copying. Keep in mind that you're copying at USB 1.1 speeds - it's slow going. If you have a card reader, it'll go a LOT faster that way.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
OS Deletion Request

Afternoon all,

I have been painstakingly trying to get an OEM together for the updated Arcsoft MMS 4.2.8.1 app. To date I have had no luck in getting the registry right when I finally decided to go back to square one and see what the build looks like without MMS selected in the kitchen. What I found was reg entries that cause the Arcsoft 4.2.8.1 to not install properly according to how the OEM is setup.

I am attaching a snapshot of the reg entries in question. They are in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software section. They do not conflict with the prior Arcsoft 3.0 OEM since the OEM uses the same registry syntax. 4.2 has significant reg changes that make it incompatible with what is in the build.

So after this long writeup I am asking that the build be modified to remove the existing Arcsoft reg entries. Once they are not in the kitchen then proper testing of both the 3.0 and 4.2 Arcsoft OEMs need to be done to make sure all is ok. I volunteer to do this testing provided I could get a copy of the kitchen without the Arcsoft stuff.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by spetrillo; 12-27-2007 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Those reg entries come from the carrier OEM.

Also, 4.2.8.1 doesn't work for all carriers. That's why it was removed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development